Fragrant Dracaena is an ornamental plant, which, depending on the variety, has a height of 30 cm to 2 m. It has a shape similar to a palm tree, and its leaves can reach 30 cm in length. Dracaena blooms indoors, very rarely.
When blooming dracaena fragrant at home throws a brush with lots of fragrant flowers. Of the large number of varieties of fragrant fragrant most popular: "Massangeana", "Compact", "Victoria", "Lindi", "Lemon Lime", "Suprise."
Planting and transplanting plants
The cuttings of the fragrant fragrant with roots are planted in the soil of the following composition: peat, humus, leaf earth, sod land in equal proportions. You can add to the soil for loosening sand or perlite.
The pot must be chosen not too spacious.so that there is no space left untapped by the roots of the plant. Material pot does not matter. Dracaena grows well in pots of any material.
At the bottom of the pot pour a drainage layer through which the water will leave. The drain hole is covered with a shard. The roots of the plant are straightened in a pot and covered with earth. The earth is compacted a little, the plant is watered.
Drapitsen fragrant transplanted 1 time in 2 years. Old plants can be transplanted every 4-5 years. For transplanting you need to purchase a pot that would be 3-4 cm wider than the previous one.
Care for fragrant fragrant
Dracaena is a heat-loving plant. In the summer it should be kept at a temperature of 22-24ºС. A plant carries a higher temperature poorly. In winter, the air temperature in the room can be reduced to 15ºС. In such conditions, the plant winters and rests.
Intensive lighting is necessary for the development of dracaena.. But direct sunlight should not fall on its leaves, so as not to cause burns. Good lighting is necessary for the plant in winter. Lack of light strongly affects variegated varieties that can even lose their color and become completely green.
Dracaena loves moderate watering. Stagnant water in a pot is destructive to him. In the summer you need to water the dracaena 2 times a week, and in the winter - once a week. Every time you need to water abundantly, but the excess water should go into the pan.
Dracena is fed in spring and summer during growth. For this, liquid mineral fertilizers are used. They must be diluted with water according to the instructions and applied to moist soil a few hours after watering.
The plant is propagated vegetatively. For the cultivation of young plants using apical cuttings. The top after circumcision must be dried within 24 hours. Then it lands in the ground for dratsen or in a mixture of sand and peat in equal parts. The handle is covered with a glass jar to create a stable moisture.
You can multiply fragrant fragrant as well as seeds. To do this, in spring, seeds are soaked for 24 hours in a warm growth stimulant solution, and then sown in palm soil. The container is covered with polyethylene and is kept in a warm place. Occasionally ventilated, the soil is moistened as needed.
After 1-2 months, the seeds must germinate. They are kept in a warm humid place, protected from the bright sun. When reaching 4-6 cm, spikes in small individual pots.
The optimal time for pruning fragrant fragrant - this is spring or summer - a period of active growth and development of stems and leaves. Removing old shoots for a plant is a great stress, so it is important to carry out the procedure carefully and correctly. You can not cut a sick or weak flower, because in this case, stress can provoke the death of the plant.
Bamboo Dracaena - Sander
In what cases pruning fragrant dracaena:
- If the height of the plant exceeds the allotted space or does not fit in the room at all,
- If some shoots are infected with a disease or infection, pruning is necessary so that the whole flower does not die,
- If the plant has lost its decorative appearance. New shoots formed after pruning, return the former "pomp" and beauty.
For trimming you will need a sharp disinfected knife or pruner. The top of the shoot is cut with 5-7 leaves. If she is healthy, it is perfect for breeding dracaena.
The remaining trunk is covered with a clean bag and secured with a rubber band or rope. This "greenhouse" will accelerate the emergence of young shoots. The plant is then removed away from the scorching rays of the sun and drafts and is kept warm at a temperature of about 25 degrees. Twice a day, the bag is opened, and the plant is sprayed with warm water from a spray bottle.
During the month under the cut should appear a thickening of which begin to appear new shoots. After that, the polyethylene is removed.
Problems with fragrant fray may result from improper care. However, by allocating a little time and attention and creating favorable conditions for maintenance, you can restore the health and beauty of the flower.
So what difficulties may arise and what are their causes?
- Dry light spots on the leaves are caused by direct sunlight,
- The leaves curl, and their tips turn black due to too low a temperature content,
- The appearance of wet brown spots on the leaves, their wilting and falling off, the rotting of the lower part of the stem indicates excessive watering,
- The edges of the leaves begin to dry, and the leaves themselves fall off at low environmental humidity,
- Leaves lose brightness due to lack of light,
- Leaves wither, droop and begin to dry out with insufficient watering,
- The growth of dracaena slows down, the growth is deformed due to the lack of nutrients in the soil,
- The appearance of brown spots on the plant, rotting and falling leaves indicates a high humidity and low temperature content.
Fragrant Dracaena does not apply to indoor plants that are too demanding to care. However, in order for her to be comfortable and to please the eye with her beautiful decorative look, you must still know and abide by Some subtleties of caring for her:
- Fragrant Dracaena needs good lighting, but without hitting the scorching rays of the sun. Varieties with variegated foliage lose brightness when there is not enough light.
- In the warm season, the plant feels very good in the open air, for example, in the garden or on the veranda. It is important to make sure that the sun does not fall on it, and there are no drafts.
- Fragrant Dracaena does not tolerate transplantation, after the procedure it can hurt for a long time. Therefore, the plant should be transplanted only if necessary, no more than 1 time in 2-3 years.
- Fragrant Dracaena has an unstable trunk. Therefore, in order for it to be even, the plant needs a support.
- It is recommended that the leaves of the plant be regularly cleaned from dust with a damp cloth or sponge. From time to time, a warm shower can be arranged.
- When choosing fertilizer for fragrant fragrant, it is important to ensure that the composition contains as little phosphorus as possible.
- To the tips of the leaves do not dry out, the plant needs a high humidity environment.
Diseases and pests
With the constant overmoistening of the soil, dracaena can get root rot. If its leaves turn yellow and fade, it is necessary to examine the root of the plant. After removing all the rotten roots, it is advisable to transplant the dracenum into fresh soil.
Pests of dracaena: scutes, mealybug, spider mite and aphid. If you find these insects on the flower, you need to destroy them with special drugs - insecticides.
With proper care, dracaena fragrant is practically not sick. Infection with diseases and pests occurs, as a rule, when non-compliance with the conditions of detention.
If there are not very many pests, you can try to get rid of them by treating the plant with a soap solution 2-3 times, at intervals of 5-7 days. If this measure did not help, you will have to use insecticides, for example, Actellik, Nurell-D, Fitoverm.
Dracaena leaves are durable, have a glossy surface and form a dense green ring around the trunk. They are placed on it on the principle of priority. Color can be all shades of green or yellow. There are varieties of dracaena in which double staining occurs on a leaf plate. White or dark green streaks will be clearly visible on them. In older plants, the lower layer of leaves is practically absent, so the trunk looks naked.
White or yellow flowers exude a pleasant scent. They are collected in spherical lush inflorescences and are located along an oblong peduncle, looking out of the rosette of leaves.
Fragrant Dracaena is popular with gardeners and is often grown in garden plots. In room conditions, it will not bloom. The plant is unpretentious in the care, different quiet growth. Due to the unique appearance and impressive size, the dracaena will be an excellent living decoration for offices and any other spacious premises no worse than palm plant varieties.
The most favorable climate for growing dracaena bush is a temperature of 18 to 25 degrees. In the summer drought, it is best to regularly air the room where the pot is located. In winter, make sure that the temperature does not fall below the mark of 13 degrees.
The mode of irrigation of fragrant fragrant should be moderate, it is impossible to strongly re-moisten the soil. Otherwise, root decay may occur. The following watering is required to be carried out only after the top layer of the earth has dried in the pot. From time to time dracaena needs to loosen the soil.
Water for irrigation must be separated and contain the minimum amount of fluoride. Do not use cold water directly from the tap.
Fertilizers and fertilizers
In the spring and autumn, every two weeks, the plant should be fed with complex fertilizers, and in winter it should be done only once a month. Try to avoid fertilizers that contain phosphorus.
Young bushes fragrant dracaena transplanted in the spring every 2-3 years by way of transshipment. The soil in the pots of adult copies is important to update annually.
Conducting pruning is carried out in the event that shoots dracaena strongly stretched out and lost leaves. The tip is shortened so that there are 4 leaves at the bottom of the trunk. The cuts are wrapped in plastic to effectively form the lateral buds. When the first shoots appear, the protective material can be removed.
Difficulties in growing
When improperly caring for a dracaena plant, fragrant is exposed to a number of serious diseases that lead to the possible death of the entire shrub
- Rotting of the stems, due to loss of turgor pressure in them, wilting of the leaves, the appearance of dark spots. In most cases, this is due to overmoistening of the soil due to frequent and abundant watering.
- If the plant is in the light for a long time, the foliage begins to turn yellow and dries. Conversely, in low light it becomes pale and dull.
- Low temperatures adversely affect plant development. Pots with dragonza can not be left for a long time in the cold. The tips of the leaves begin to turn black and then quickly fade. The characteristic symptoms of frostbite are dark brown spots, which are the beginning of the decay of the entire leaf blade.
- Lack of soil nutrition affects the growth of shrubs. New gains have signs of strain.
- Poor-quality and hard water can cause the formation of leaf spot, so it is required to defend or boil it.