In the people it is believed that the flower brings happiness and love in the house where it is well looked after. Therefore, if you pay more attention to airhizon, the plant will reward its owner with long flowering, high decorative qualities and emotional comfort in the house. It is not difficult to grow a “flower of love” even for a novice grower, as it is quite simple to care for him.
Aihrizon: description of the genus
Consider how the plant "tree of love" and its main characteristics. It belongs to the airhizon family Crazy, from the genus of succulent plants growing in the mountain crevices of the Azores and Canaries, as well as in Morocco, Portugal and Madeira.
The scientific name “ahichrizone” plant received from two Greek words: “ai” - “always” and “chrysos” - “golden”. The “flower of love” is very similar to its “relative” - the money tree, so they are often confused.
The achirizone room flower has branched, rarely woody stems with fleece rounded ovate leaves, resembling a heart and gathered in rosettes. The leaves are green or dark green, sometimes have gray, yellow, reddish or white blotches.
Inflorescences of the airchrizone are corymbose or paniculate, consisting of small star-shaped flowers of white, cream or red. The plant blooms in April - May, after which the rosette forming the peduncle dies.
Of all the existing types of airhizona in indoor floriculture, you can find only five of them:
- Aihrizon home - a short shrub, more than 30 cm tall. It has small fleshy green leaves, pubescent with white hairs. It has a long flowering period, which, if properly cared for, can last for six months: from spring to autumn. The flowers are yellow, fragrant. You can grow an indoor plant ahikhrizon home as a bush or as a standard tree.
- Aihrizon is narrow-leaved - very dense dwarf shrub, has straight, thin twigs reaching a height of 15-40 cm. Leaves 1.5 cm long, fleshy, club-shaped, collected in rosettes. The sheet plates are sticky, light green or yellowish-green with red patches. Leaf pubescence in this species is absent. The inflorescences are large, racemes, about 2-7 cm long, the flowers are golden yellow. The peculiarity of the species is the partial fall of the leaves, which is observed during the dormant period.
- Aihrizon loose - medium-sized square-shaped shrub. The height of the stems reaches 40 cm. The leaves are pubescent, diamond-shaped, green. Flowering plant in spring for six months. Inflorescences are large clusters of 30 cm in length, golden yellow.
- Aihrizon sinuous - a small shrub about 15-30 cm tall. The leaves are light green, fleshy, diamond-shaped, pubescent with white hairs. Flowering lasts for six months.
- Aihrizon dotted - grassy bush up to 40 cm high. Shoots are brownish-green, with pubescence. Stem pubescent thicker than the leaves. The leaf plates are fleshy, diamond-shaped, light green. Inflorescences stellate, bright yellow.
Lighting for the "tree of love"
Airchrizone prefers a lot of light, but it must be diffused. It is best to place the plant on a window that faces east or west. Be sure to protect the plant from direct sunlight, as this leads to burns of the leaves.
However, in winter, when the light becomes less, the plant needs to provide direct sunlight and make sure that there are no burns. In order for the leaves to grow smoothly and beautifully, it is necessary to periodically turn the pot with the “tree of love”.
Air temperature and humidity
In spring and summer, the air temperature should be at least +25 ° C. In autumn and winter, it should be lowered to + 10 ° С. If it is too hot and hot from the radiators in winter, the leaves will fall off and the shoots will stretch out.
High humidity of air is not required, it feels good in moderately dry rooms. In the hot summer period, you can wash the leaves of the plant with water at room temperature. The rest of the time to wash and spray the plant is not recommended.
Ahichrizone seeds seed soil consisting of leafy ground and 2: 1 pure sand. Cover the crops with glass and place in a well-lit room. Seedlings regularly air and spray. After a couple of weeks, when shoots appear, they dive into containers at a distance of 1 cm. At the same time, the soil should be different: clean sand, light earth and leaf earth (1: 1: 2).
After a time, the plant is transplanted into pots, having previously laid a layer of good drainage. Choosing which pot is needed for airflow, stop at a low variant, since the plant has a shallow root system. To grow small seedlings "plants of happiness" should provide them with an air temperature of +16. + 18 ° С. On the fifth or sixth day after transplantation, you must begin daily watering.
Much faster and easier than seeds, the "tree of love" propagates by grafting. After the trimming procedure, airborne remains planting material, which is used for propagation by cuttings. Before planting the cuttings, you need to hold them for a couple of hours in a dry dark place. Then the planting material is planted in a shallow container, in a mixture of sand with vermiculite (layered mineral containing water in its structure) or in a special soil for succulents mixed with sand.
Planted cuttings root quickly, after which they are transplanted into pots with a diameter of 7 cm. You can also root the cuttings in water mixed with charcoal. The composition of the land for transplanting into pots and further care are the same as when planting seedlings obtained from seeds.
How to properly care for the "tree of love", especially the cultivation of airzone
"The tree of love" is an unpretentious flower, how to care for it, to ensure long-term flowering and a favorable atmosphere in the house, consider below.
Airhizon should be watered regularly and moderately in spring and summer. The next watering is carried out when the soil in the pot is half dried. The roots of the plant are very sensitive to an excess of moisture, so you can not pour the plant so that they do not rot.
In winter, watering is reduced, but we must not allow the soil to dry out in the pot and the leaves to wither. About when to water the plant, you can tell by the turgor (bloating) of the leaves and shoots of the plant. If the leaves and shoots spring when pressed, it means that you can still wait a little with watering. If the leaves are sluggish, watering is urgently required.
To improve the well-being of the plant in spring and summer, when the airdrop blooms, it is recommended to feed every two weeks. For this purpose, complex fertilizers are suitable for succulent plants, with a low amount of nitrogen in the composition.
Repot "flower of love" as far as filling the roots of the pot. It is better to use clay pots, as they are porous and provide high air permeability. A mixture of sand and turf soil, or turf, leaf and humus soil mixed with 4: 1: 1: 1 sand will be suitable as a substrate.
Airflow does not tolerate stagnant moisture in the soil, so before you transplant it, you need to put a good drainage layer of coal or brick dust on the bottom of the pot. The first watering is carried out 4-5 days after transplantation. Watering should be carefully, in small portions, so as not to overwet the root system.
Aihrizone can be grown as a shrub or as a standard tree, with the trunk free of branches. To form the correct decorative crown will help pruning weak branches and pinching the top of young shoots. This is done during the entire growing season of the plant.
If airchrizone is stretched and deformed due to the heat and warm wintering, its shape can be saved by trimming or rooting cuttings near the stem of the mother plant. After the plant has faded, it is necessary to cut the panicles so that the vital force of the flower goes into renewal of leaves that have fallen during flowering.
Diseases and pests of the flower
"The tree of love" is a unique indoor plant that will not cause problems with proper care. Insects do not like this flower, they can attack it only if it is irrigated improperly and the temperature is disturbed. This can lead to diseases of rot and white swelling, as well as the defeat of spider mites, scutes, powdery mealybugs and nematodes.
Botanical features and homeland of Aihrizon
Its name Aihrizon (tree of love) received for a special form of leaves. They are dense, fleshy, resemble the heart. The skin is hard, green, on the upper and lower surfaces there is thick whitish pubescence. Villi short, soft.
- Aichryson succulents belong to the family of crass,
- found in the wild in Portugal, the Canary Islands, Morocco, prefers to settle in the crevices of the rocks,
- unites over 15 subspecies, among which there are annuals and perennials, as well as dwarf shrubs,
- the name "forever golden" is given to this plant for beautiful flowers - lush buds with narrow petals, bright yellow,
- Shoots with little lignification, branching little, round ovate leaves arranged oppositely and collected in rosettes, dark green color, sometimes interspersed on the upper part of the leaf are gray, yellow, reddish or white.
- if the leaf plate is damaged, a milky sap comes out, which has an unpleasant smell,
- Aikhrizona bloom begins in April-May, at the end of the process the leaf rosette dies with the peduncle,
- at the top of the shoots are decorated with flowers in the form of stars, which can be not only yellow, but also cream, white or red.
In indoor conditions, this flower is grown mainly in the form of a bush or a standard tree, which effectively looks in a pot. During the flowering phase, the buds are larger than the leaves, so the flower looks like a bright yellow bush.
"Tree of love" in folk signs
The flower Aikhrizon is grown not only for its high decorative effect and unpretentiousness when cultivated in room conditions. Various signs and superstitions are associated with it:
- It is believed that the flower produces buds only in the family where mutual understanding and love reign among all.
- Spouses, this flower brings passion, mutual attraction, and childless can help in conceiving a child.
- A tree of love can help young girls and men in finding their second half. Some people think that a plant directly indicates a person - if after a partner appears in a house it starts to wither away, it means that the person does not suit you.
- Also this succulent helps in material matters. If you properly care for him, maintain his health, then it can attract unexpected bonuses, winnings, help in climbing the career ladder and other financial issues.
If you put the pot in the nursery or bedroom, the plant will normalize the aura of the room, improve sleep, and have a beneficial effect on the energy of each person in the family.
The plant combines more than 15 species, which differ in the shade of flowers, leaves. The most popular ones are:
- Aihrizon home. The most common variety for cultivation in the room. Presented as a short shrub with stems up to 25 cm in height. The crown is lush, up to 0.3 m in diameter. The leaves are small, juicy, with a green skin without inclusions up to 2 cm. The pubescence is almost transparent, thin. Flowering with proper care lasts up to six months from early spring to October. Peduncles smooth, strong, flowers in the form of asterisks fragrant, golden hue.
- Winding. Mediocre succulent in the form of a bush with stems up to 30 cm tall. The leaves are diamond-shaped, tender with a transparent edge of small hairs. Grouped in large sockets, sitting on short petioles. When you are in the bright sun, the color of the sheets becomes almost yellow or cream.
- Outspread (Laxum). The shape of the bush is square, low succulent up to 40 cm in diameter. The leaves are grouped in rounded rosettes, the surface is dark green, the peel is covered with a transparent whitish edge of small hairs. Petioles up to 3 cm wide. Inflorescences are yellow.
- Ochcholistny (genus aichryson sedifolium). This variety is distinguished by leaves that have no pubescence at all, are covered with glossy dark green peel, and dark maroon blotches are on the edges and on the tips. Stems up to 35 cm high, leaf-shaped, clavate, rosette up to 13 cm. There is a sticky coating on the leaf plates. No pubescence, racemes racemes, massive, yellow buds. Unlike other varieties, this flower is partially deciduous. In the rest period, some of them are showered with the full health of the plant.
- Loose. Quite a large shrub up to 40 cm tall with stems of a greenish-brown shade. Leaves and stems are covered with white fibers, the edge is thicker than in other species. The shape of the leaf blade rhombic, they are fleshy, light green, collected in thick sockets. Inflorescences are small, yellow.
- Shrub. A rare species of dwarf flower, the height of which does not exceed 15 cm. In natural conditions it grows only in the southern parts of Portugal. Rosettes are loose, the leaves are long, there is pubescence, the scape is long. The color of the skin of the leaves varies depending on the level of illumination.
- Variate form Aichryson x domesticum. Evergreen shrub, leaves are formed into rosettes at the ends of branching shoots. The leaves can be with pink, beige or white edging on the edge, the flowers are small, star-shaped, yellow.
There are more rare varieties of this indoor plant, which are found only in the wild, grow localized in some countries, therefore, in indoor conditions are not widely cultivated.Home Winding Laxum White-leaved
Home care for Aihrizone is to create optimal conditions for the plant light, temperature and ensure regular watering. Like other succulents, including those related to the genus of the Crassulaceae, this flower accumulates moisture in the leaves and shoots, so it does not need abundant watering.
The tree of love can exist for quite a long time due to the liquid that is accumulated in the leaves. Therefore, water the plant should be careful not to cause waterlogging of the soil and subsequent rotting. There is no definite mode, you need to focus on the degree of humidity of the earth in the pot. Add water in small portions, in the summer no more than once a week, and in the winter - once in 20-25 days depending on the temperature in the room.
A good indicator of the prosperity of moisture is the structure of the leaves. If they are elastic, juicy, their tips are not dry, it means that the plant has enough water.
The tree of love is light-requiring, which is necessary for beautiful flowering. The window sill that faces southeast or south will be the most favorable place for the pot. It is better to choose a place with diffused light, because the direct rays of the sun can burn thin delicate skin. From time to time the pot should be rotated around its axis, so that the shoots have the same length on each side of the crown.
Aihrizone's breeding technique by sowing seeds:
- fill low, wide tanks with ground based on leafy ground and clean sand,
- seeds bury at least 0.5 cm,
- cover the construction with film or glass,
- transfer containers to a room with a temperature of +22 degrees,
- every day, open the greenhouse, spray the seeds, air,
- in 14-21 days the first sprouts should appear, they change when 3-4 leaves appear on their tops,
- enrich the soil with turfy soil when cupping seedlings, do not cover the structure,
- in individual pots shoots are planted when they become strong and quite high.
To speed up rooting, you can use special stimulants. The frequency of watering is reduced, so as not to cause over-wetting of the soil.
The tree of love is easily propagated by cuttings:
- in April or March, cut off a strong escape from 10 cm long, dry it for 2 hours,
- root can be rooted in ordinary water or wet sand, as well as in the finished soil for succulents,
- after 2-3 weeks, when the roots appear, shoots can be planted in separate pots.
When grafting, the rooting rate is higher, the new young succulent can be obtained faster, it will retain all the characteristics of the mother bush.
The origin and appearance of airhison
Aihrizone is a typical member of the Crassula family, extremely similar to the well-known Crassoul (aka “money tree”). The only uncharacteristic feature is the fragility of rather durable-looking stems. The name is formed by the merger of two Greek words: ai, meaning "always", "forever", and chrysos, which means "golden". Скорее всего, оно связано с продолжительным и обильным цветением (цветки у большинства видов аихризона солнечно-жёлтого цвета). Род немногочислен: на настоящий момент известно пятнадцать его представителей.
В природе ареал обитания аихризона довольно ограничен — это побережье Северной и Северо-Западной Африки (Марокко, Тунис, Алжир), а также острова за Гибралтарским проливом (Канарский, Азорский архипелаг, Мадейра). Некоторые виды встречаются и в Европе (на побережье Португалии).
Succulents are annual and perennial, grassy or semi-shrubs.
The conditions in the historic homeland of Ahirizon are rather harsh. The soil is poor, stony. For most of the year, the plant is under the hot sun. Precipitation minimum. Therefore, airschion, like other succulents, stores water and nutrients in fleshy leaves (they look like stuffed pads) and stems.
Aihrizone stores moisture and nutrients in the leaves
In order for the “usable area” to be larger, the airborne branch intensively branches, its stalks almost never woody. Bright green or lettuce leaves are collected in the outlet on the tops of the shoots. Olive, yellowish, reddish-brown and whitish blotches stacked back to normal. Leaves may be smooth or slightly pubescent. Villi is another water balance mechanism envisioned by nature. Broken leaves of the plant smell pretty unpleasant.
The shape of the airdrop leaves is like hearts, hence the popular name - “the tree of love”. But so the flower is called only in Russian-speaking countries. In the rest of the world, this nickname belongs to another indoor plant - cersis (purple).
Airchrizone roots, like all succulents, are not very developed, thin. In nature, the plant is forced to cling to the smallest cracks in the rocks, hiding between them. This is the only way to find at least some kind of shadow.
Flowering only adds decoration. Buds are collected in sockets or shields. The flowers are small, similar to asterisks. Petals are bright yellow and with hints of cream, vanilla, reddish. Flowering begins in April or May, lasts almost six months. At the end of it, the socket, which has released the flower, dries out.
The blooming airy spring looks very pretty, you can admire such a spectacle for almost half a year.
Compactness is another advantage of the plant. In nature and in the home, airflow can rarely grow above 40 cm. The diameter of the crown is 25–30 cm.
According to the signs, airflow is the guarantor of peace and prosperity in the house, preservation of love. Therefore, the plant is often given to the newlyweds, newly-weds or spouses who celebrate the next wedding anniversary. A reliable indicator of “weather in the house” is the regularity and duration of the blossoming of the airdrop.
Difficulties in growing a tree of love
When cultivating this bright flower, difficulties may arise:
- If the plant sheds leaves, it may indicate a lack of moisture, low temperature in the room. The physiological norm is considered a deciduous state at the end of the flowering phase. Up to 80% of the leaves in the summer do not receive enough nutrients, so fall in the fall.
- Succulent doesn't always want to bloom. The first buds may appear after 2-3 years of growth. The main rule for the beginning of the budding phase is proper wintering - a decrease in the temperature in the room, a minimum of irrigation, and lack of dressings.
- Soft deformed stems, lack of buds. More often it speaks about the lack of nutritional components. Review the mode of dressing, pay attention to the volume of the pot. If the reservoir is too tight, the root system practically displaces the earth, depriving the aerial part of the nutrient components from the soil.
- Low decorative. Succulents of this species can grow in the form of a square or rounded bush. You can also grow a standard tree with a long trunk. But this requires a formative pruning. Removal of diseased and damaged branches is carried out with sanitary purpose in order to rejuvenate the plant.
- Rot. If the earth lump is constantly in the water, the rotting of the roots, then the trunks and leaves begins quickly. In this case, you should choose healthy shoots and root them using fresh soil mixture.
Many consider the tree of love an indicator of family well-being. The lush the plant blooms, the brighter the shade of the buds it has, the greater the mutual understanding between the tenants of the apartment. Watch the condition of your flower, care for it, so that happiness will live in the house.
There are fifteen species of Aichrizone. Some of them are annual plants, and some are perennial.
- It grows in the form of a small bush. Its height is barely thirty centimeters, and the width is twenty.
- The leaves are thick and small. With their shape they resemble hearts.
- Stems are very branched.
- Inflorescences paniculate and are usually colored in yellow, white and red hues. The maximum length of the peduncle is twenty centimeters, but usually they are much shorter.
- Flowers bloom in the form of small stars of ten millimeters in diameter. On each flower to twelve petals of an acute form.
Description of species
- The most common home is Ayhrizon. It looks in the form of a ball with branches of the same length. The leaves form sockets and are located at the very tips of the branches. Blooming yellow fragrant inflorescences.
- The outstretched Aihrizone is pretty tall. Sometimes its height reaches forty-five centimeters high. Leaves in the form of rhombuses are located along the entire branch. The flowers are yellow and small.
- Sinuous Aihrizone has light green leaves with a gray down. Blooms long, charming beige flowers. The bush itself is low, about twenty-five centimeters high. Leaves grow on stalks.
- Aihrizon has a red dotted stem with the same leaves. The height of the bush reaches forty centimeters. Blooms profusely inflorescences yellow shade.
- Otcholistnyy Aikhrizon has large yellow inflorescences, hanging beautifully during the flowering period. It has sticky leaves that look like grapes, tightly pressed to each other like clusters. The tips of the leaves are a little pointy.
Caring for this plant involves watering, feeding, planting and maintaining temperature.
This flower needs good drainage.. Capacity for him choose flat and small. Roots when planting should be properly straightened.
Places in the house he prefers on the south side. The southwest and southeast are great for him. Light should not fall on the leaves of a plant in direct sunlight. Make it scattered, and turn the pot with a flower from time to time so that the bush does not grow one-sidedly.
Humidity and dressing
This flower loves to take a shower, but also fine tolerates arid winter or summer air. Under the shower, he just transformed and poured energy. Leaves and stems become hard, dense and take shape.
For fertilizing Aikhrizona use fertilizers intended for succulents. Usually they are made once every two weeks during the flowering period. Fertilizers should contain phosphorus, nitrogen and potassium.
Transplantation and reproduction
This flower does not need frequent transplantation.. A pot too big for him causes the succulent to stop blooming and build up its root system. It is possible to determine whether a transplant is needed or not, by coma of soil entwined with roots. This usually becomes noticeable.
For transplant use ceramic containers. The soil is usually taken park with a small addition of sand and humus. This flower is undemanding to the composition of the earth, as in natural habitats it grows on very poor soil in the crevices of the rocks. The only thing that is vital for him is a good drainage for the access of air to the roots, therefore, it is recommended to use ceramics instead of plastic as a pot.
At the bottom of the tank put the expanded clay, brick chips and pieces of coal. Fill in the soil and carefully straighten the roots of the succulent. It can only be watered after three days and in small portions. The best time to land is April.
Temperature and watering
The most favorable temperature for all succulent is twenty-two degrees of heat. When the flower plunges into a dormant period, ensure it has a temperature of about ten degrees so that it rests and gains strength.
Watering should not be frequent and plentiful. The peculiarity of this plant is that it is able to accumulate moisture in its thick leaves. As soon as he does not have enough moisture, it will immediately reflect on the sheets. They soften and become lethargic.
In winter, it is watered more often due to room heating, and leaves and stems are wiped with a damp sponge. Arrange for Ayhrizone shower throughout the summer, but not more than twice a month. A water treatment is usually done in a bath where the succulent is left for a while until the leaves dry.
It was observed that when watering increases the flowering period. Some species, such as Aihrizone sinuous, are able to bloom for six months.
We can not allow the stagnation of water, otherwise the roots and stems of the plant will instantly react with rotting.
Propagated Aihrizon seeds or cuttings.
In order to grow a bush from seed it is necessary:
- Prepare the soil and capacity for planting.
- When the seeds are in the ground, sprinkle them with a spray bottle and cover the container with glass.
- Occasionally open the glass, wipe the condensate and spray the soil.
- The air temperature during the germination of seeds should not fall below sixteen degrees.
- As soon as the first shoots emerge, thin them. Leave the largest shoots, but do not forget that the distance between them should be at least ten millimeters.
- Do not cover the glass anymore, but put the container in a bright place.
For breeding cuttings will need small stalks. Before you plant them, hold the processes in a dark place for at least two hours. Cuttings are cut to a size of no more than ten centimeters. We prepare land for sprouting as follows: the soil is taken for succulents, which is sold in flower shops, taken equally with sand.
Cuttings are planted in the soil and watered a little. The roots appear after a month and after that the plant can be transplanted to a permanent place.
In order for the crown to look neat and decorative, it is constantly pruned. Aichrizons make excellent bonsai trees, as this plant tolerates pruning. Be sure to cut off the weak branches after wintering. In that case, if the air temperature did not allow the succulent to fall into a dormant period, it will grow shoots, which must be removed.
The main problem of succulents is waterlogging.. They extremely poorly tolerate stagnant water, but insects are practically not interested in them. If during the period of budding and flowering the flower dries and leaves fall, it means that it lacks water and nutrition.
The main problems faced by the owners of Aikhrizona associated with improper irrigation and violation of temperature. If the stems begin to stretch, and the leaves do not have time to form on them, then this indicates too hot air in the winter months. The bush is deformed and the succulent becomes unpresentable. Such shoots are subject to removal.
Pinch the top and cut the center trunk to form a bush..
Signs and superstitions
This flower has a lot of beliefs. It is endowed with various miraculous properties.
- It is believed that according to the way the succulent behaves, you can determine the psychological situation in the house. So, if the flower leaves fall, then the house often conflict.
- A beautiful and healthy flower suggests otherwise. In the house full agreement and understanding.
- If the succulent flower has blossomed, then the bachelors living in the house have every chance to find their other half.
- Often this plant is given to the newlyweds or loved ones. According to beliefs, he brings happiness and harmony to the house.
- As soon as you have brought a new relationship, follow up Aihrizon. By his behavior, you can determine what to expect in the future. If the succulent blooms, then it makes sense to extend the relationship, and vice versa, the poor state of the flower suggests otherwise.
As for a novice grower, a very good and unpretentious flower. Small rounded and fluffy leaves and small yellow flowers delight the eyes. People call this flower the “Tree of Love”. It is also very easy to plant it, I just cut off the top and immediately into the ground (you can drop it into the “root”). The minus that I encountered was some white and very small parasites that looked like ticks on the trunk.
Feedback about the money tree:
The plant is a bastard, and in the common people - the money tree appeared in me by chance. Once in school, I saw a jar with a lot of shoots of this flower and decided to take it to my home - I really liked it - a rich green color, fleshy leaves. At first, I didn’t even know how this flower was called, but then I never forgot.
The plant is originally from Africa - wow! And in our conditions it is remarkably accustomed. Watering once a week is enough for him; he reproduces perfectly by sprouts in water. He can stand both in the shade and in the sun - this is not at all important for him. To say that a money tree is an unpretentious flower is to say nothing.
My first flower that I planted remained with my parents. Over the years of his life, he turned into a spreading tree, which I always admire when I visit my parents. This giant grew from a sprout of about five centimeters.
But the question is, why is all such plants called the money tree? There is such a sign that the money tree should not stand in front of the front door, otherwise all your money will go away from you. The answer is simple. Here is my story related to these beautiful indoor flowers.
When I planted the first tree, in my family it was not very good to say the least with money. It was the beginning of the 2000s, the country finally began to represent something after perestroika, but there were still big problems with finances. And when I planted this tree, we didn’t even know about such a sign, so we put the flowerpot where there was a place - on the window sill in the room, which was right in front of the front door.
So he stood there for several years, and we all suffered from a lack of money.
Then, by the will of fate, his mother rearranged him in another room, and, of course, the family began to improve matters with money. To believe in it or not is everyone’s business, but almost the same story happened to my mother-in-law, who for a long time could not change jobs to a more decent one. Soon after I planted a money tree for her, she was able to find a well-paying job, and the tree still stands in her room and grows to our joy)
It remains only for my two trees to bring “their money”. I really hope for it)
I want to write about my almost unreal story about this plant. I had it in 2002, it was a cutting without roots and hopes for life. This is how the plant looks now:
About her, in fact, will be discussed in the first part of the story.
Once guests came to us. At that time, there were seedlings on the windowsill, so the plants had to be placed anywhere. Krassulke perepalo place in the hallway on the bedside table. And one guest said: "And this is a money tree, you have to throw coins into it." Someone else suggested that this plant fulfills desires - and those who want to enrich themselves, who to fulfill their desires, threw coins into Crassula. Then Krassule got a fortune - the whole earth was covered with coins, because Krassula grew then in a small pot. Naturally, the holiday was over, table conversations were forgotten, and I did not remove the coins from the pot.
A few months later - a new holiday. And so, one of her friends told me that she was making a wish - and it came true.
The desire was almost unrealizable - she wanted to raise, but it didn’t “shine” on it, because others were also marked on the place, and right after that holiday an opportunity appeared that she would never believe. Everyone who heard the story treated him differently - who was joking, who took seriously, however, by the end of the holiday, I noticed that Krassula was “pribarahlitsya” already and small bills.
As time went on, the fatty woman grew, transplanted, and everyone who came into the house presented her with coins and bills.
From time to time they were told that this plant really helps in a difficult situation. But these were just stories that, if desired, could be ranked as a miracle, but it could be regarded as a coincidence.
I will also tell the story. I have a girlfriend. Everyone, as they say, has its own problems, she had a problem with pregnancy. She got pregnant once, then she miscarried - and after that nothing happened. 8 years of trials for doctors, hospitals and grandmothers did not bring results - and she folded her arms.
Then she suddenly became pregnant, and after giving birth, when I came to her maternity hospital, I said that I made a wish and threw a coin, and after 2 weeks I learned that I was pregnant. She still says that Krassula helped her, gave her a pot, in which, in fact, she is now growing.
I didn’t spend all the money I was getting to Krassule, but when they got too much, I exchanged larger bills for them. Then I changed several times in order not to rot. Now, not counting the little things in the pot, about 1300 UAH, 11 dollars and 1 euro have accumulated in Crassula.
Until now, guests leave coins in it. Many times she gave cuttings from her, they say that they do not possess her abilities :)
Надо сказать, что моих желаний она не исполнила ни разу, были также случаи, когда приходили специально загадывать желания — и ничего.
В 2006 и 2008 году толстянка цвела. И действительно, это было перед прибылью. После того, сколько бы раз я ни просила её зацвести, она не цветёт.
Видовое разнообразие суккулента
В домашних условиях из всего и так немногочисленного рода аихризонов прижились только некоторые многолетники:
- Аихризон домашний. Наиболее популярное растение у цветоводов, селекционный гибрид. «Родители» – аихризон извилистый и точечный. The height of the plant roughly coincides with the diameter of the crown and ranges from 20 to 30 cm. The leaves are small (length - 1.5–2 cm, width - 0.8–1 cm), shaped like pin heads. Characterized by the edge of short and rare white hairs. Peduncle length is 15–20 cm, flowers are bright yellow. What is not typical for the species, they have a pronounced aroma. There is a variegated variety.
- Aihrison is chiccolicy. Very intensively branching shrub, growing more upwards than sides. At a height of 35–40 cm, the diameter of the crown rarely exceeds 15 cm. The leaves feel slightly sticky, lettuce or yellowish in color. Under the bright sun appears a pattern of thin reddish lines. The outlet diameter is about 8 cm, the leaf length is up to 1.5 cm, and the width is up to 6 cm. The inflorescences are found in the form of a panicle or brush, the flowers are golden yellow. At home, most strongly reacts to too abundant watering. During the rest period it can become much bald. Flowering rarely lasts more than 2 months.
- BUTichrizoneloose or prostrate. The height of the half-shrub is up to 40 cm, the diameter of the crown is up to 30 cm. The leaves are shaped like rhombuses with rounded corners, arranged on long petioles. Leaf length - 2.5–3 cm, width - 1 cm. Blossoming is very abundant - the brush can reach a length of 15–20 cm. The flowers are cream or yellowish. After flowering, the plant loses most of the green mass, but does not die.
- Aihrizon sinuous. Creeping succulent. With a height of 15–20 cm, the crown reaches a diameter of 30–40 cm. The leaves are covered with short and sparse villi, the stalks are practically absent. The leaf length is 1.5–2 cm, width is 1 cm. Strong branching and compactness make it possible to form a bonsai from it. This species blooms before the others.
- Aihrizon point. The height is 25–30 cm. The khaki shoots are densely covered with almost transparent long hairs. On the edge of the leaves less, but also present. The leaf petioles are long, the edges are decorated with very small cloves.
Table: Microclimate for keeping a flower
At home, Ayhrizon learned to survive in extreme conditions. Therefore, "in captivity" he is very unpretentious. But flowering occurs only if the plant provides the correct microclimate.
If it is not possible to place airflow in the winter period on an unheated loggia, in a greenhouse, conservatory or any other place with a suitable temperature, place it as close as possible to the window, placing some thermal insulation material under the pot (for example, a piece of foam). This will protect the roots from the heat coming from the batteries located under the window sill.
Air-window at windows "width =" 1024 ″ height = "768 ″ />
Airflow is placed so that it receives enough natural light, but does not fall under direct sunlight.
Selection of soil and pot
Since the root system is superficial and relatively undeveloped, the potted pot will suit the ihrizone. Very large capacity is not suitable, increase the diameter to a maximum of 5 cm, depth - by 2–3 cm. It is advisable to choose ceramic pots - they are heavier, which means more stable, and air passes through the pores, which prevents stagnation of water and the development of rot.
Aikhrizon planted in the ground for succulents and cacti. It meets all the needs of the plant. The substrate itself is prepared according to the following recipes:
- fertile turfy land, universal soil for indoor plants, leaf humus, large river sand (4: 1: 1: 1). A useful supplement is small pieces of coal or old red bricks ground to crumb (5–10% of the total),
- leaf ground, fertile turf, sand or small clay (2: 2: 2: 1),
- soil from the garden (the best option is light loam) and any “baking powder” - sand, perlite, vermiculite, pieces of pumice, lava, brick dust (3: 1).
There is nothing difficult about transplant airflow:
- Cover the bottom of the pot with expanded clay or other material with similar properties, creating a layer about 2 cm thick. Add as much fresh substrate from above. Lightly moisten the soil.
- Remove the plant from the pot, cut off the dead rosettes and dried shoots with a sharp, clean knife. Slices the powder powder of activated charcoal, crushed with chalk, colloidal sulfur. Also deal with rotten and dried roots.
- Leave the airbrush in the open air for 1-2 days.
- Place the plant in a new pot, pour the primer. It is not necessary to strongly press it, it is better to shake the container a couple of times so that the soil is distributed evenly and there are no voids left.
- Remove the flower in partial shade. First water the plant 5–6 days after transplantation. Then return to its original place and resume watering carefully. During the first month you need to moisten the soil moderately, so as not to cause rot.
Home care for succulent
Beginning in April, airflow will be watered regularly, but not too plentiful. Between watering the soil to half the depth of the pot should be completely dry. In order not to dig into it every time, look at the leaves. Airchrizone needs moisture when they lose their tone, wrinkles appear on the surface, density and elasticity disappear. It is usually enough to water a flower every 4–6 days, if it is not very hot outside.
Abundant and frequent watering is a sure way to ruin a plant. But forgetfulness grower plant will transfer relatively painlessly.
To stimulate the growth of green mass, a warm shower (30–35 ° C) is shown. The procedure during the active growing season is carried out once in 7-10 days. The plant is watered for 3–5 minutes with water. Then it should be left in the bath until the droplets on the leaves are completely dry.
Succulents are very sensitive to fluid hardness. If it is not possible to constantly water them with thawed or rain water, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar or citric acid crystals to the tap. It neutralizes compounds of chlorine, fluorine, calcium, precipitated from grayish flakes.
During the active growing season, the flower is watered every 2-3 weeks with a solution of a special fertilizer for cacti and succulents. If you can not find such dressing, it is better to do nothing at all. These products differ from universal fertilizers by their very low nitrogen content, which air cream, like other succulents, does not like much.
What to do when the plant starts to bloom?
Flowering in almost all species of airlesson lasts about 6 months. Home-grown plants from the cuttings bloom in the second or third year after rooting.
Required flowering conditions:
- suitable size, not too spacious pot,
- the right temperature and enough light in winter
- rare watering.
If the leaves fall after flowering (in some cases, the plant can lose up to 60-80% green mass), this is normal.
There is an opinion that after flowering, the orchichron will certainly die, but it is not. Therefore, there is no need to cut flower stalks.
How to trim and pinch to form a crown?
Airflows can be turned into miniature trees, if you do not forget to cut and pinch
In nature, achyrizone is a spreading shrub. But regular pruning can turn it into a sort of tree. To do this, during intensive growth, the tops of newly formed shoots are pinned to 2–3 cm, and the weakest and unsuccessfully located branches are removed in a timely manner.
If the plant has lost its shape after a period of rest in inappropriate conditions, it is better to cut and root the cuttings, and not to waste time trying to restore the former decoration.
Table: Diseases and pests
- cutting and destroying all at least some damaged leaves, shoots, buds,
- Immediate transplant of a plant to a new sterile soil and pot,
- watering for 2–3 weeks with 1% solution of blue vitriol, Fundazol, Skorom, Abiga-Pik, spraying by Alirin-B, Planriz.
- transplanting coupled with radical pruning, complete soil replacement and pot sterilization,
- soaking the roots for 3-5 minutes in a solution of Alirin-B, Previkur, Ordan, Gamair (fill the container with the solution, place the pot in it so that the soil is completely covered, then dry well).
- applying thick soap suds and the subsequent warm shower
- treatment of the most affected parts of the plant with ethyl alcohol,
- use of acaricides - Vermitek, Nissoran, Borneo, Akarin, Omayt, Neoron, Apollo, Agravertin, Anticloest, Kleschevit - up to 3 times with an interval of 7-12 days (put the pot with the sprayed plant in a bag, tie, leave for 2-3 days) ,
- watering a decoction of cyclamen tubers.
- destruction of visible individuals (lubrication of shells with kerosene, alcohol, turpentine with a cotton swab),
- application of Actellica, Aktar, Phosbecid, Fufanon, Metaphos, Fitoverma.
- immediate transplant with complete replacement of the substrate and sterilization of the pot,
- hot (45–50 ° C) root bath for 25–30 minutes, followed by drying for 18–24 hours,
- spraying of plants and soil by Konfidor, Apache, Mospilan, Regent, Fytoverm, Dantopom, BI-58, Iskra-Bio (for 2-3 months every 8–10 days, alternating preparations).
- having watered with a solution of Phosphamide, Rogora, BI-58, Mercapthos, Nemafos, Bazamid, Lindane,
- immersing the roots in hot (50–55 ° C) water with the addition of potassium permanganate (to a pale pink color) for 5–7 minutes, followed by transplantation.
Growing succulent seed
So the seedlings of ahichrizone look about a year after the emergence of shoots
Airborne seeds ripen in artificial pollination of several flowering bushes at the same time. At home, this rather laborious method of reproduction is rarely used.
- Fill the containers with a mixture of universal soil for flowering houseplants and sand (2: 1), level the soil, slightly moisten the substrate.
- If possible, evenly seed the seeds. Do not fall asleep above the earth.
- Cover the container with glass or plastic film, provide a temperature of about 25 ° C and bright ambient light, ideally - bottom heating. Ventilate the plantings every day, spray the dried substrate with a spray bottle.
- 2–3 weeks after emergence, seedlings are planted in boxes filled with a mixture of leafy, soddy earth and sand (2: 2: 1), leaving 1–1.5 cm between the plants and rows. Install the containers so that airflows receive as much light as possible.
- After 2-3 months, transplant the plants into individual pots again. The substrate is prepared from the same components, but connected in equal proportion. For a week, clean the place with a temperature of 18–20 ° C, water very moderately every day. In the future, carry out care as usual.
Rooting cuttings is the most affordable way to get a new air conditioner at home. Planting material is taken only from perfectly healthy plants. The optimal length of the cutting is 7–8 cm (not more than 10 cm). It is advisable to cut off the top of the shoot, along with the socket.
Rooting of cuttings can also be carried out in water, but then the fluid needs to be changed regularly.
- Sprinkle slices with crushed chalk, activated charcoal or colloidal sulfur. Let the cuttings lie for 2-3 hours in a dark, dry, cool place.
- Fill small containers with ground mix for succulents and sand, perlite or vermiculite (1: 1). Moisten the substrate. You can root the cuttings in water with the addition of a root formation stimulator or activated carbon powder (the liquid is changed every 2-3 days).
- The conditions for cuttings create the same as for germinated seeds.
- When the roots appear (usually in 20–30 days), spread the airshyzones into individual pots. Soil - a mixture of leaf, sod land and sand. Take care as usual.
- The next spring, transplant the plants into a substrate for adult flowers.
The cuttings are cut either immediately before the rest period, or at the very end.
Flower grower reviews
If it is darkish, it is depressed and does not grow. The sun (but not scorching) is useful for him, especially from autumn to spring, he needs a sunny window. My winters on the south window, during the day it gets the sun, then the shadow of the window cover. Feels good. For the summer, I put it in a flower box on the balcony; at about 15–16 hours they pass, passing between the trees, the rays of the direct sun - but this does not last long, not more than an hour. In such conditions, the airflow increased strongly and prettier over the summer, the volume of the crown increased three times! In general, I noticed that the smaller the airflow, the slower it grows, and as it develops, it starts to grow faster. The plant is compliant and non-whimsical, the main thing is not to overdo it with watering, otherwise it will lose its roots and will have to be rooted again.
I took airflow with a small layer. I read that it should be planted in a pot in size, so I took a rather small pot. I did not notice growth for about a month, and then he began to stretch upwards, I transplanted him into a pot 4–5 cm larger than the previous one, so now I’ve been developing quite quickly. A little later, I plan to transplant again.
Rooted your airflow very long. He stood in the water for about a month and not a single root. I planted it in the ground, and now it seems that growth has just begun. And stood motionless for about 7 months.
Airchrizone, unlike other succulents, does not like malicious drying of the soil. Yes, it should not be wet, but it can not be turned into stone - it does not suit them. It is necessary to find a middle ground. I have a fertilizer for succulents that is added to the soil during planting, along the edge of the pot. Naturally, I do not splash on fluffy leaves.
I rooted my airflow just in light soil, it seems to me that it is rooted faster in the ground. The soil used for cacti and succulents + perlite a little. The soil itself, in which you root, should be slightly wet, but not wet.
Perhaps, one of the most unpretentious plants after weeds can be called airflow. The child played with fluffy twigs and accidentally broke off one of them. I felt sorry to throw out the broken off branch. At home she planted it in the ground, laying no hope for further growth. Ayhrizon was tenacious and immediately began to grow rapidly. On the eastern sill of light it is enough for him in the morning and during the day. The leaves are arranged in such a way that the plant appears bulky and fluffy. Never once did I have to pinch him - airshyron himself grows in the direction he needs. But periodically it is necessary to unfold from the sun so that it does not lurch. To care for such an unpretentious plant, a lot of mind is not necessary, and hands can grow from anywhere. You only need to give the "tree of love" the ground, a fairly rare watering and your love (at least a small part). Then airflow will please the eye not only with its fluffy look, but also with flowers. Regarding the lighting and space: I have no particular choice - only the eastern windows and a narrow window-sill. It is in such conditions that the airshyzone is contained, and that is how he began to bloom. My mother has an airside glass standing on the windowsill with access to the midday sun - western windows. Starting from 1:00 pm until sunset, the sun shines directly into the windows under conditions of fair weather. Mom does not touch him, but achyrizone steadfastly withstands the scorching rays of the sun and does not even act up. But did not bloom even once a year! Draw conclusions? Butonov a lot. The size of each bead, then they become like beads, but they do not reach the pea. Fluffy-fluffy and green. Blossom one or two flowers per day (approximately). Now I have 4 flowers, but on the first day, two buds bloomed at once, and then one each a day.
Unpretentious airflow, if you give it a minimum of time and attention, regularly pleases the owner with decorative leaves, as well as abundant and long flowering. The main thing is to learn to understand the needs of the plant, and it is worthy of gratitude for kindness.
How to prepare the soil
The soil can be prepared independently, or to get ready mix in shop. However, young plants are demanding on the soil.
Soil mixture for an adult plant may consist of:
- Sand one piece
- Turf four pieces
- Ground sheet one part
- Humus one part
Adding fragments of coal will only improve the composition of the soil and will protect the plant from rot.
Airchrizone has a superficial root system, so you need to choose shallow containers. The quality of the material can be clay and plastic.
Clay flowerpots have several advantages:
- Heavy, rented risk of tipping pot.
- Excess moisture evaporates through the walls of the pot.
- Look harmoniously in the interior.
- Harmful salts are washed out of the soil.
Plastic also have several advantages:
- Easy to wash, no drainage needed.
- Hold moisture longer.
- Select the desired shape and color.
Transplant plants do as needed, but it is desirable that it was in the spring.
If you do not transplant the plant within three years, then you need to update the top layer of soil every year. It is about two or three centimeters.
Aihrizon is suitable for this temperature, which will be comfortable for you. In the summer it is from 20 to 25 degrees, but in the rest period from 8 to 10 degrees. This is an important condition for successful flowering.
С выбором места для аихризона не будет никаких проблем. Ему подходит практически любое место в вашем доме. Однако у этого цветка есть предпочтения.
Хорошо чувствовать аихризон будет себя на окнах, расположенных на восточной и западной части дома. От южной стороны он тоже не откажется, но здесь нужно позаботиться о том, чтобы на растение не попадали прямые солнечные лучи в летний период. In winter, prichayat airflow does not need to not create a lack of coverage.
Periodically you should rotate the pot, then the plant will form a beautiful shape.
Water the plant should be often, but not to fill. Between irrigation, let the ground dry. During rest, watering is reduced.
To reduce the hardness of the water can be citric acid. One or two acid crystals are added to the irrigation water.
In the “diet”, the airshaft is not whimsical, you need to feed the plant only twice a month. This is the period of spring and summer. Suitable compound fertilizer formulations, compiled specifically for succulents. These mixtures have a low nitrogen content.
Airflows are tropical plants, so they calmly carry dry air. In the semi-desert humidity is already a luxury.
Spraying and moistening the air they do not need. But a shower in the summer can be arranged.
The main thing - to cover the ground in a pot of polyethylene, so as not to fill the soil.
Aichroizone flowers are small, yellow and fragrant. In order for this indoor plant to bloom, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- To sustain the period of rest at a temperature from 8 to 10 degrees.
- Reduce watering.
- Good lighting.
- Close pot.
Such conditions will provide flowering for about five months or six months.
Pests and diseases
This plant is unattractive for pests, but sometimes they visit it. It can be mites, aphids, and stem or root mealybugs. To protect plants use insecticides and acaricides.
Airflow can be damaged by various rot.
The rot is expressed in the form of spots, mold, the leaves become soft, lose their elasticity. Such areas need to be cleaned immediately, otherwise rot can destroy the plant in a few days.
To win in a duel with rot use universal chemical means.
Airchrison is considered a positive plant that attracts luck, happiness and love to its owners. No wonder his second name - "tree of love."
On the other hand, yellow color in oriental culture is considered a symbol of wealth, therefore a gift in the form of yellow flowers blooming with yellow flowers will be a wish for wealth to the owners of the house.
It is also believed that the dried branches and leaves of this plant are capable of drawing energy from the residents of the house. This may serve as an additional motivation to timely trim the airflow.
There is another belief, which is also on hand to this plant, if the plant grows up, then the energy forces of the households also increase. Therefore, in caring for airflow, you simultaneously take care of your family.
Justifying its second name, this flower abundantly and magnificently blooms in the house where love and understanding prevail. Aihrizon serves as a kind of indicator of happiness and love in the house in which he lives.
You can believe or not believe in omens, they will not get away from it. Try it yourself to grow this plant, and the more family members you enlist to this process, the better. You can buy a ready-made plant (the price is small), and it is not difficult to care for air-zone. In any case, these flowers will become a family talisman, bringing happiness, well-being and love to your home.
Location and lighting
The plant must be protected from direct sunlight, otherwise it can get burned. Light is needed a lot, but that he was scattered. A pot with airflow is best to put on the window from the east or west, where there is most light. When the light becomes smaller, that is, in the autumn-winter, then it is necessary to ensure the direct hit of the rays, but carefully ensure that there are no burns. In order for the leaves in the crown to grow smoothly and beautifully, it is necessary to turn the plant pot from time to time.
Fertilizers and fertilizers
Airchrizone needs to fertilize itself in the spring and summer once every fortnight. The best fertilizer for this is low-nitrogen succulents.
Transplantation is required for airflow about once a year, in the spring. During this time, a clod of land should be completely braided by the root system. A new pot can be picked up low, at the bottom of which pre-lay a layer of drainage. Immediately after transplanting, it is not worth watering with an airwash; you need to wait a week.
Flowering of achyrizone
Flowers from the airshyzon are gathered in panicles or scutes. In order for it to begin to bloom, strict rules must be observed: poor watering, wintering is light and cool enough, the pot must be picked up, unlike many other plants, close. Under such conditions, the plant should bloom for almost six months. When it starts to bloom, it will lose more than two-thirds of the leaves, you need to follow this. Peduncles and weak shoots need to cut off, increase watering. Soon the young shoots will grow back.
How to form a beautiful crown
You can grow this plant in different ways: as a small bush, and as a tree. In the second case, in order to make it nice and well-groomed, you need to periodically pinch off the weak shoots and prune the upper part of the still young ones. After the plant has wintered, those shoots that have stretched well enough can be cut off.
Reproduction of leaves and cuttings
To get a new, young plant, you need to cut off the stalk or leaf and leave them for a few hours in a room without light, so that they can slightly wilt. After that, the plant is planted in a new pot, it can acquire its root in wet sand or in a substrate for succulents mixed with the same sand. Cuttings can also “rooted” in a glass filled with water. A good addition in this case will be a few pieces of charcoal. The mixture of soil should include leaf and sod land and sand in a ratio of 2: 1: 1.
Reproduction with seeds
In this case, you need to take a container with leaf earth and sand in a 2: 1 ratio and sow the seeds. Top to provide the necessary humidity can be covered with glass, but daily to air and spray. Lighting should be good. The soil at planting should be the same as that of the cuttings or leaves. Care for both is to keep at a temperature not higher than +18 degrees.