Pearl barley, the benefit and harm of which has long been known to everyone, is indispensable in our diet, although many people, to put it mildly, dislike it, in particular, the men who enjoyed it to the fullest extent in the army. It's no wonder that barley porridge is popularly called “peasant”.
Groats are made from barley, its name comes from the word “pearl”, which means pearl. And this is due to the fact that its shape and color resemble this beautiful stone. We will devote our article to this product and try to figure out what barley porridge is. The benefits and harms, beneficial properties and contraindications of this useful product will also be considered by us.
A long time ago Japanese scientists proved that barley is one of the most valuable products for our body, which is necessary for maintaining health.
Pearl barley, the benefits and harms of which are also well known in traditional medicine, contains vitamins A, B, E, D, PP. It is also rich in magnesium, calcium, iron, manganese, chromium, nickel, potassium, iodine, bromine, phosphorus. Barley is a rich natural source of amino acids, it contains lysine, which slows down the aging process, maintains skin elasticity and is involved in the production of collagen. Also, this substance has an antiviral effect, especially fights against those viruses that cause herpes.
What are the healing properties of pearl barley
The benefits and harms in this case are ambiguous, because this porridge helps with various diseases due to its rich composition. So, for example, in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract due to the high content of fiber, this croup helps to get rid of persistent constipation, as well as cleanse our intestines from unwanted deposits.
The water in which the barley was soaked is also very useful. It contains hordecin, which has antibiotic properties and cures various fungal diseases.
The benefits and harm of pearl barley are well known to people suffering from stone formation in the kidneys, gall bladder and bladders, due to the silicic acid contained in it, which has a detrimental effect on all kinds of slags, sand and stones that have settled in our body.
Doctors recommend eating barley porridge to people who have just undergone a stomach operation, as well as those who have high cholesterol levels in the vessels.
This product has a beneficial effect on the immune system, on the protective functions of the mucous membranes due to the provitamin A contained in it.
How to cook barley porridge
Most of us don’t like this healthy dish just because we can’t cook it properly, so we’ll describe below how barley porridge is cooked.
In order to achieve crispness and "goodies", you should try hard. Before cooking, the grits must be washed under running water to wash away the dark scurf. Then it should be soaked in water for the night - so the pearl barley, the benefits and harm of which are known even to our ancestors, will cook faster. After that, you can proceed directly to the cooking itself. To do this, take one glass of cereal and one liter of water. It is very good to boil the barley in pre-warmed milk to 40 o C. Next, you need to wait for the porridge to boil and continue cooking it already in the water bath for about 6 hours. You can fill with butter, cream, fatty milk or onion-carrot zazharka.
Below we will figure out what the diet is like, which includes pearl barley, what benefits and harms from its use, whether it brings the desired results.
In the first days of use, nausea, dizziness, and a constant feeling of hunger may appear. But this, we repeat, only in the first days. In order not to harm health, follow some rules.
Barley Diet Compliance Rules
- Drink as much liquid as you can, better if it is mineral water without gas.
- To achieve a better result, do sports.
- After the end of the diet, when leaving it, enter into the diet other foods gradually.
- Ready-made barley porridge should not be refilled even with salt.
There are two types of barley diet:
- five days
- seven days
The five-day diet is more efficient, as the ration includes only barley grits, calorie content, the beneficial properties of which are great for those who want to quickly say goodbye to extra pounds and significantly improve their well-being. It is allowed only to diversify drinks, for example, green tea or herbal decoctions can come to replace mineral water without gas.
The benefits and harm of pearl barley for the fight against extra pounds are incommensurable, since there are practically no contraindications to diet. It is forbidden only to follow the barley diet to people who have serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular, gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcers in the acute stage. Otherwise, it can be observed by everyone without exception.
A seven-day diet is notable for a wide variety of products, so, for example, if it is followed, you can use green apples and prunes for breakfast in your diet, add vegetable salad and lean meat for lunch, and dine with low-fat cottage cheese and kefir.
The benefits and harm of barley
What is useful barley porridge for losing weight? The first thing you need to feel is lightness, because you have gotten rid of extra pounds, slags, and fat that have long accumulated in your body.
In addition, the skin should also improve and look younger. But there is some harm from its use.
Contraindications and harmfulness
No matter how much you want it, you still have to touch on the topic of harm.
- Do not use barley regularly for people suffering from gastritis with high acidity.
- Do not lean on the porridge, if you are tormented by constant constipation.
- It is not necessary to give barley to young children and pregnant women due to the content of gluten (gluten) in it.
- It is undesirable to abuse porridge men. This can lead to disorders of the digestive system.
Pearl Barley Masks
- For skin elasticity and wrinkle tightening, use this mask. Take the pearl barley and grind it into flour. Add some water or decoction of chamomile. Hold for half an hour, then rinse. Carry out this procedure 2 times a week - and the result will not take long to wait.
- For oily skin, make such a simple mask. Take 2.5 tablespoons of pearl flour, one tablespoon of tomato juice and one egg white. Mix well and drip 2 drops of any essential oil. After 20 minutes, wash with warm water. Use a mask 2 times a week - and the skin will become soft, velvety.
- Mix the barley flour with milk in equal quantities. Apply on face for 12 minutes. This mask will give the skin elasticity and relieve from irregularities.
- Take 4 tablespoons of pearl barley flour and add just boiled water in the same amount. Stir well, let cool slightly. Then take a few grapes, remove the bones and mash them. Mix all the ingredients, apply the mask on the face for 17 minutes, rinse. This is an excellent procedure for smoothing wrinkles.
- Take 4 tablespoons of pearl barley flour and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it. Then add 2 tablespoons of hot water to a well-mixed mixture. Mix until smooth and apply on face for 25 minutes. This mask smooths wrinkles and gives the skin elasticity.
Barley porridge deserves to be called one of the most useful, but, as you know, everything should be in moderation. If you learn to cook it properly, it will bring not only benefit, but also pleasure in its use.
Helping healthy bowel work
One of the advantages of barley porridge can be attributed to the large presence of fiber in it. Leading nutritionists argue that for the normal functioning of the intestine, we should consume about 25-35g of fiber per day, which contributes to the normal passage of the digestive process. Fiber is not digested by digestive enzymes, but it is very useful for the intestines, fulfilling the “fuel” property in the formation of beneficial microflora of the large intestine.
Porridge cleans the intestines from toxins and slags, helps rapid removal of feces. Qualitatively cleans the intestinal wall, prevents constipation. All these properties enable this product to act as a prophylactic against colon cancer.
Barley decoction is prescribed in the postoperative period for people who have undergone surgery in the intestinal area. Such a drug is prepared, on the basis of milk, or water. At the rate of 250 g of cereals and a half liters of liquid. A decoction is taken 3 times a day, 100-150 grams and looks like liquid sour cream.
The croup contains almost no calories, and the amino acids it contains will help bring the body weight to its proper state. Many mono diets include porridge in their composition, combining it with other low-calorie foods. The use of pearl barley will help to quickly saturate the body while not burdening it with extra calories. Sweet tooth recommended to add fruit to the dishes, or some honey.
However, it should be remembered that gluten present in croup, in large doses, is able to flush calcium from the body. Therefore, in order to lose weight, it is recommended to use barley no more than 2-3 times a week.
Studies by Japanese scientists found that people who consumed porridge in their diets had significantly decreased cholesterol levels. This fact is due to the presence in the chemical composition of pearl barley not only insoluble fibers, but also the polysaccharide b-glucan and propionic acid. These substances endow the product with cholesterol-lowering effect and the ability not only to regulate, but also reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood, reducing the possibility of developing cardiovascular diseases and the development of heart attacks and strokes.
Relieves arthritis and arthritis
Degenerative inflammatory processes of the musculoskeletal system, accompanied by a crunch and painful sensations when bending the joints, bring not only inconvenience, often they simply do not make it possible to make any movements. Arthritis and arthrosis are among the most common diseases of people over 45 years old.
Diet with this disease provides a low calorie content and the presence of calcium in food, and barley, as well as possible has such qualities. It will help to stabilize body weight, reducing the load on the lower extremities, stop the destructive processes of the joints, help to remove toxic substances and salts.
Prevents the development of gallstone disease
The disease is characterized by a blockage in the form of gallstones in the gallbladder and its ducts. When restoring dysfunctions of the gallbladder and biliary tract, along with medicinal preparations, the doctor recommends patients to a therapeutic diet, including among the decoctions, soups and juices of barley.
Due to the presence of insoluble fiber in the chemical composition, croup prevents the development and formation of gallstones, reduces the secretion of bile acid, reduces the level of triglycerides. In order to prevent the formation of stones, you can use a decoction made from grains. Having enveloping, softening properties, and the effect of mild diuretic action, this tool will help to remove toxic deposits from the body.
Strengthens bone tissue
The list of trace elements that fill small grains contains phosphorus, copper, manganese and calcium. The processes occurring in our body, are completely dependent on a sufficient amount of micronutrients consumed. So with a lack of calcium, the body begins to replenish its amount from the bones, which leads sooner or later to their fragility. Phosphorus acts as the accumulator of vital energy, and copper is responsible for the work of the entire nervous system.
Barley contains 11 times more calcium than milk, which allows you to maintain healthy bone tissue, preventing the development of osteoporosis. The combination of manganese with a complex of vitamins of group B acts as a reliable factor in the fight against anemic conditions. Replenishment of the body with manganese microelements is extremely important for the recovery and new bone formations.
To maintain immune strength
Biochemists have determined that the content of vitamin C in barley grains is almost two times higher than their presence in oranges. It is this vitamin increases the body's defenses, reducing the likelihood of seasonal diseases. On the one hand, nature has not rewarded our body with the ability to independently produce it, on the other hand, the need for it is extremely important. After all, vitamin C is an important component of the vital functions of the body.
Inclusion in the diet of barley helps to fill us with a “vitamin of youth and activity”, neutralizing toxins and giving us the opportunity to withstand acute respiratory infections and influenza.
The use of barley for women
Scientists in Britain confirmed in their studies the fact of a favorable effect of grains on women in the pre-climatic period. In the group of observed women who consumed cereal rich in fiber, the risk of developing breast cancer decreased by 50%. This fact is due to the fact that pearl barley grains contain in their composition a large amount of selenium - a microelement endowed with antioxidant qualities.
Help with diabetes
Among the products useful in diabetes mellitus, barley has a special place. According to nutritionists, it should be actively introduced into the diet of people suffering from this disease. After all, grains saturated with fiber and proteins make it possible to effectively cleanse the body of harmful accumulations and eliminate disturbances in the functioning of internal organs.
In case of diabetes mellitus type 2, meals from cereals will become not just an addition to ordinary foods, but also a means capable of lowering blood glucose readings, helping to cope with the resulting ailments with elevated sugar readings.
Maintains healthy skin condition
Investigating the chemical composition of pearl barley you can find selenium trace elements in it. In large quantities, it is able to act like poison, but the nature of a balanced content of selenium in the grains helps control the body's oxidative reactions, strengthening the immune system and protecting it from free radical attacks.
If our skin becomes rough and dry, this is the first sign of a lack of selenium in the body, which is necessary as one of the components of the antioxidant complex that protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation, radiation and exposure to chemicals from the external environment.
Broths from pearl barley, and porridge itself, will help restore a sufficient content of not only selenium, but also lysine, which is responsible for the production of collagen. Most women know that natural collagen gives the skin elasticity and smoothness, because it is not for nothing that cosmetologists call pearl barley “beauty porridge”.
To this end, grain extracts are added to cosmetics: creams, lotions, tonics, and food supplements. At home, decoction is recommended to lubricate the skin of the hands and face. Such procedures will allow to get rid of dryness, eliminate fine wrinkles and protect the skin from premature aging.
Help in the work of the heart
Many treat cereal porridge with some neglect and rarely use it as everyday dishes. However, this is an erroneous opinion, rich in the mineral content of magnesium, potassium and vitamin P, barley is simply indispensable for the work of cardiovascular activity, and its amino acids will provide a preventive effect for disorders of the heart muscle and internal organs. Therefore, do not neglect its positive qualities.
For diseases of the respiratory system
Vitamins E and C will provide invaluable assistance in the prevention of respiratory diseases, normalizing breathing and reducing wheezing in the lungs. They will have a positive effect on children. Pulmonologists specializing in the field of respiratory diseases confirm the fact of asthma reduction in children by 50% when including cereal porridge in the diet.
You were able to make sure that pearl barley is not for nothing called the cereal queen or pearl, since it has the richest component composition. Herbalists have recognized the barley panacea for many ailments and pathologies. Но перед тем как ввести в рацион этот продукт с целью оздоровления, не забудьте ознакомиться с перечнем противопоказаний и при необходимости проконсультироваться с лечащим специалистом. Будьте здоровы!
Из какой крупы перловая каша
Перловая крупа, или, как ее привыкли называть, перловка, на прилавках магазинов присутствует в большом разнообразии. Все знают, что гречневая крупа – из гречихи, рисовая – из риса, а перловая каша из чего, из какого зерна? Оказывается, перловка производится из зерен ячменя: зерна шлифуют, частично снимая верхний слой, оставляя зерно продолговатой формы.
There is also a processing method when the whole casing is removed from the grain and the grain is given a round shape. So get the Dutch dough, its kernels are much smaller than the barley grains.
When chopping pearl barley, barley groats are obtained, but in our usual sense this is not barley, although the original product is the same.
Earlier, pearl barley was an expensive product, since the processing of grains was difficult and time consuming, so only wealthy people could afford it, and later it became an affordable product for everyone. Now the food industry without this cereal can not be imagined.
What is barley
Before discussing whether it is possible to eat barley for weight loss, you need to figure out what kind of cereal it is and what its benefits are. For the first time it was mentioned in the Bible, the porridge made from barley was used for breakfast by the royal personages, it was constantly on the soldiers' menu. In Russia, pearls were called pearls, and pearl barley received such a name because of its rich chemical composition. Pearl barley grains are white, sometimes with a yellowish oval shade.
What is pearl made from?
Barley is the very first, as scientists believe, domesticated culture. This cold-resistant plant, growing even in areas of the far north, is what pearl barley is made of. Groats are made by cleaning barley grain, which is then polished and ground. Several variants are obtained from the same grain: Dutch, pearl barley, yachka, which depends on the degree of its processing. Pearl barley is subject to minimum grinding, therefore it retains a maximum of useful substances.
Pearl barley is effective for weight loss and youth preservation because it is rich in amino acids, for example, lysine. This substance is involved in the production of collagen, contributing to the preservation of elasticity and smoothness of the skin. A set of vitamins contained in the composition of pearl barley, envy any other cereals: A, B, E, PP, D. By the amount of fiber, it surpasses even wheat cereal. Pearl barley is rich in such trace elements:
Barley nutritional value
Since pearl barley has a rich composition, its nutritional value is great. Perlovka with a diet for weight loss nourishes the body with essential micro and macro elements. Not every grain has such a benefit. Subjected to heat treatment, the nutritional value of barley only increases. In 100 grams of finished porridge is:
- Fiber - 15.5 g,
- potassium - 279 mg,
- sodium - 9 mg,
- carbohydrates - 77.33 g,
- proteins - 9.86 g,
- fats - 1.15 g,
- sugar - 0.8 g,
- polyunsaturated fats - 0.557 g,
- monounsaturated fats - 0.148 g,
- saturated fats - 0.243 g.
Nutritionists say that the best product for weight loss is hard to come up with. Perlovka when losing weight provides the body with energy, improves metabolism, prevents the deposition of subcutaneous fat. Caloric value of pearl barley in dry form is 315 calories per 100 grams. The most dietary porridge is boiled in water - 109 kcal / 100 g. If boiled with pumpkin, the caloric content will decrease to 63 kcal / 100 g. The energy value of a dish made with milk will be 156 kcal / 100 g.
Regular use of barley (barley) porridge leads to a general rejuvenation of the body. Lysine and Vitamin E slow down aging, and the skin looks radiant. Selenium contributes to the prevention of breast oncology. The use of barley for women is enormous. When building a proper diet, in order not to harm the female body, barley porridge will clear the intestines of harmful substances, blood vessels from cholesterol, increase hemoglobin levels in the blood.
If you believe reviews of a strong half of humanity, then the regular use of barley porridge enhances male power, helps to prolong sexual intercourse. Great use barley for men - a long feeling of satiety after drinking. This is especially important for business people who do not have time for snacks, lunches or dinners. In addition, as a result of the use of barley, blood sugar is reduced, which is useful for diabetics, and also increases the body's resistance to colds and infectious diseases.
The use of barley porridge
It is extremely important to include barley in the children's menu, starting from 2-3 years. The use of barley porridge for the child's body is to maintain immunity, eradicate colds and viral diseases. Groats provide the growing body with all the components necessary for development. Due to the high content of phosphorus, the child activates the brain activity, which helps him quickly absorb learning material.
How to remove extra kilos without feeling hungry? Barley porridge for weight loss - the best option. Properly cooked croup helps to leave kilograms, while the person does not feel hungry cramps in the stomach. In addition, unprocessed cereal is the best diuretic that can remove excess water and puffiness. Using pearl for weight loss, the first result can already be seen in a week.
There will be no harm if at the first stage of weight correction to eat porridge in large quantities, because it is not calorie. This will help the intestines to quickly get rid of harmful substances. At the second stage of weight loss with “pearl” cereal fat burning occurs, therefore, a large amount of porridge is not recommended. Grabs one plate so that the feeling of hunger does not appear within a few hours.
Is it possible to lose weight on pearl barley
Nutritionists treat barley differently. Supporters of the barley diet note excellent cleansing ability and increased metabolism, which helps to quickly bring the figure back to normal. Opponents of nutrition barley porridge advised to take into account the harm and contraindications, especially for pregnant women. So is it possible to lose weight on pearl barley? Yes, if you cook crushed barley, eating it with low-calorie foods: fish, lean meat, vegetables, dried fruits. Such a multi-component diet will not harm the body and will not let you grow fat after leaving the dietary regime.
How to lose weight on pearl barley
Groats are great for losing weight, so there are several dietary options. However, thinking about how to lose weight on pearl barley, you should not forget about the general recommendations: drink plenty of water (up to 2 liters / day), do not sit for a long time on a mono diet, follow dietary meals and after leaving it, not to get better again. The toughest, but effective - 5-day diet on cereal. During these days, you can eat porridge in unlimited quantities, but you need to cook it without salt and spices. At night a glass of kefir is allowed, and during the day - green tea and rosehip tea.
Fasting day on pearl barley
A one-day diet is called a fasting day, not because of effective weight loss, but because it helps the body take a break from excess food, freeing it from toxins and slags. Its essence consists in the use of barley porridge in unlimited quantities in small portions. Be sure to follow the drinking regime, since barley grains remove a lot of fluid. A fasting day on pearl barley will not only reduce weight and heal, but also save the family budget. This type of unloading is efficient, economical and accessible to everyone without exception.
Damage to barley
Barley porridge is not recommended for people with high acidity of the stomach. This is due to the high content of gluten, which provokes the development of chronic diseases of the digestive tract. Due to the long-term digestibility, it is undesirable to give barley groats to children under 3 years old (newborns from it are very puffy) and women during pregnancy. Harm barley can cause people prone to allergic manifestations, as some components of the grain can cause allergies. With a large amount of porridge often causes increased gas formation.
Barley porridge - application, photo barley
The modern use of pearl barley is more varied than before: boiled porridge is made from it, used for garnish, in salads, in soups, boiled kissel, casseroles are made, whereas they used to cook mostly porridge.
Porridge made from traditional pearl barley has a cream color, a slightly nutty flavor, and if you cook Dutch cereal porridge, the porridge will be snow-white, softer in texture, and cooked faster.
In Russia, grains that are not completely polished have a greater prevalence; there is also a Dutch one, but it is less common.
Barley porridge - calorie content
Incomplete grinding of barley kernels retains a large number of useful substances in the barley, which makes it indispensable in the diet of any person.
Pearl barley composition:
- vitamins. A, B, D, E, PP,
- macronutrients: calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus,
- trace elements: iron, copper, manganese, selenium, zinc,
- amino acids
Dry barley calorie content - 324 kcal per 100 g,
boiled barley porridge - 109 kcal per 100 g
Meals prepared from barley nourishing and low-calorie, so nutritionists include the described cereal in many diets.
Useful properties of barley porridge, use
The composition of pearl barley explains many of its useful properties:
- Cellulose increases intestinal motility, which contributes to the timely emptying of the intestine, struggling with constipation.
- In the inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract, in the postoperative period, a decoction of barley helps, because it has a mucous consistency and envelops the stomach wall. Preparing the broth as follows: grits (250 g) and hot water or milk (1.5 liters) bring to a boil, boil for 20 minutes, do not strain. Drink 3 times a day for 100-200 g. Do not store, every day - fresh broth.
- Helps lower cholesterol by polysaccharide b-glucan. Patients with high cholesterol must include this cereal in their diet, if there are no contraindications to its reception.
- Prevents the penetration of bacteria through the respiratory tract due to provitamin A.
- Silicic acid has a damaging effect on gallstones, sand in the kidneys.
- Amino acid lysine is essential for heart function, for growth, and is involved in tissue repair.
- Phosphorus is involved in the endocrine system, helps activate brain activity.
- Vitamin D is necessary for the musculoskeletal system, for growth.
What else is useful barley porridge?
- Calcium is needed for joints, bones, and barley dishes will help to compensate for the lack of calcium in the body.
- Vitamin C - help the immune system and the body's defenses.
- Fiber and proteins are necessary for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus - help reduce sugar levels.
- Selenium and lysine are necessary to maintain skin elasticity, therefore, the use of porridge and decoctions will help the skin look young and fresh.
The list of these properties convincingly shows that barley should occupy a worthy place in the diet of both healthy and sick people.
Barley porridge for nursing mothers and pregnant women - is it possible
Pregnant women should eat so as to bring maximum benefit to the fetus and your body so that it can cope with the pregnancy without problems.
Making your diet, you need to take into account the changes that occur in the body, and help him.
Pearl barley dishes do an excellent job with such tasks:
- help with constipation, which are often in this period, normalize intestinal motility,
- improve metabolic processes
- make up for iron deficiency
- increase the production of red blood cells
- macro- and microelements participate in the work of the heart of the mother and the fetus, support the nervous system of the woman,
- contribute to the elimination of stagnation in the body,
- contribute to maintaining weight in the norm due to the low calorie content.
During the period of breastfeeding, many products have to be abandoned in order not to harm the baby, but it is necessary to make up for the loss of the body in nutrients: they are needed by both the mother and the baby.
The product described here will come to the rescue. But there are features of its use, about which you need to know to get the maximum health benefits from barley porridge:
1. Begin to use in a diet not earlier than one month after the delivery, introducing gradually, starting with three spoons. At the same time observe the well-being of the child, gradually increasing the portion.
2. To use, preferably, no more than once a week and, initially, without any additives (water and croup). Additives too gradually, then it will be clear from what the child will discomfort.
3. Dishes with this cereal are best consumed hot - this is the best way to assimilate.
Using this product, both mother and child will receive benefit and satisfaction.
Barley Porridge Harm
With all the beneficial properties of barley, many respected porridge, you need to use wisely. If you do not take into account the individual state of your body, even a very useful and good product can harm:
- due to the large amount of fiber, it is not recommended to use this type of porridge in case of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, in case of aggravation of gastritis,
- with frequent constipation, abdominal distension, the dish should be included in the diet in moderation,
- it is impossible to take calcium preparations simultaneously with barley porridge, there should be an interval of at least two hours between their intakes,
- It is recommended to enter barley porridge into the children's diet from two to three years, because its digestion is rather heavy for a child’s body,
- Reception in large quantities for men is fraught with a decrease in potency.
Harmful effects can be excluded if aware of this.
Barley porridge - how to cook on water (barley recipes)
How much is pearl barley cooked? The peculiarity of cooking this porridge is that it does not cook quickly, it takes at least an hour to cook. What should be considered in the planning of culinary projects.
Barley porridge cooked in milk and water (for dietary use). The recipes for cooking barley porridge are tasty and quickly set, but the peculiarity of them all is the soaking of the grits, since the grains are whole and dense.
Soak the pearl barley for 10-12 hours (instead of soaking, you can pour boiling water for one hour and boil for 15 minutes), drain and rinse. Then pour cold water (250 g of cereals, 3 cups of water), bring to a boil, cook for one hour over low heat. You can add a little boiling water, if necessary. Wrap up the finished porridge, let stand 30 minutes.
After soaking the grits, put them in a thick-walled pot, add water (recipe 1) and put in the oven for one hour, turn off the oven and leave to grind the porridge for another 40 minutes. The recipe is very convenient - you can combine the preparation of two or more dishes.
Soaked cereal put in a slow cooker, pour water and cook in pilaf or porridge mode for one hour, then leave to reach another 30 minutes.
Pearl barley before soaking well washed, the water is drained. The amount of water in the recipe can be more, it depends on the cereal, soaking time.
Salt a little, at the very beginning of cooking, it is better to add salt.
Properly cooked barley porridge always turns out crumbly and tasty.
Barley porridge for children: from what age
Introducing pearl barley into the child’s diet should be started at 2–3 years - it is a difficult product to digest for the child’s body. When the child's food system adapts to the common table, then you can give him barley porridge, starting with small portions. In this case, be sure to observe the reaction of the body to a new product.
Porridge is prepared in the same way as adults, only add a little more liquid, boiling the cereal to the maximum. Then you can add milk, butter, sugar.
Without ignoring this porridge and having accustomed the child to it, you will facilitate yourself feeding the child: the porridge is nourishing, tasty and the child will eat even a small portion.
Barley porridge: the benefits and harm for weight loss, pearl barley diet
Those who want to lose weight, the inclusion in the menu of this cereal is obvious because of its composition and simplicity of the dish. In addition, porridge:
- tastes good
- she has a low glycemic index (22 units),
- low price,
- helps to reduce the deposits in the thighs and abdomen,
- does not cause allergies
- energizes and energizes
- improves metabolism.
Barley diet involves the main dish in the diet barley porridge, from which follows the peculiarity of such a diet:
- porridge is cooked in water, no ingredients are added,
- at the beginning of the diet (two days), the liquid begins to be actively excreted from the body, the weight decreases, then the process of active lipolysis starts,
- when adding physical activity is more effective (you should not rely only on a diet),
- drink more clean, quality water.
- You can use the menu nuts, dried fruit, vegetables, fruits, seafood, chocolate (40 g), cottage cheese (low-fat).
- Excluded from the food sausage, smoked products and all flour products, sweets, pickles, meat and fish (fatty varieties), beans, alcohol.
- Duration of the diet can be 5, 7, 10, 14 days.
Leaving the diet you need to know that when you go to a normal meal, weight can return, so the transition should be done gradually - from 4 to 7 days, so as not to get an upset stomach. During this period, it is imperative for breakfast to eat barley porridge, add some salt from the second day, exclude smoked foods, salty, floury, fatty. Portion size increase gradually.
Выбирая перловую диету, не следует забывать о противопоказаниях к приему перловки, тогда польза от нее вас сможет порадовать. Приятного аппетита!
Как выбрать крупу и хранить
Перловка различается по номерам от 1 до 5. Чем больше цифра, тем мельче размер зерна. Для супов больше подходит крупа №2. Для каши лучше приобретать №3 и 4. Чем светлее и чище зерна, тем лучше они отшлифованы. Вкусовые свойства блюда будут выше, оно приготовится быстрее, будет светлым и красивым. But much more useful is gray pearl barley, in which there are more coarse fibers of fiber.
What to look for when buying:
- Packaging. It is undesirable to purchase weight cereals packed in the store. Safer packaged product manufacturer. The package should have a transparent window through which you can assess the color, type of grain.
- Flowability Dry barley will not stick together, to form lumps, on the grains will be a light flour patina.
- Date of production, shelf life. Old croup loses some useful properties, harder, cooks for a long time.
- Impurities. The cleaner the product, the less time it takes to prepare the barley before boiling.
Pearl barley is stored in sealed jars or containers in a kitchen cupboard for no more than two years. It is important not to fill the grains tightly, the kernels should lie loose, it is advisable to leave an air gap. Periodically, the cover must be removed so that the grains are ventilated.
How to cook porridge
Boil quickly barley porridge from dry cereals will not work. Grain coarse, hard, requires at least two hours of boiling. That is why it is recommended to soak the grits in advance in cold water. You can do it the day before. Grains are saturated with moisture, swell up, prepare much faster. Before cooking, it is necessary to change the water, rinse the product: this will improve the taste of the dish.
Cooking rules for healthy cereal:
- In the swollen grits add no more than three glasses of water. If you need to cook dry grain, then the amount is doubled.
- Barley porridge is salted at the very end of cooking; you can use soy sauce for dressing.
- The dish is sometimes cooked with milk, but it is added in the middle of cooking.
- If you need to add butter to barley porridge, then it is better to do it in two steps. Add half to the beginning of cooking, and the second part to put in the finished dish.
Interesting: In the old days in Russia, pearl barley was soaked for the night in yogurt. Then it was washed, poured with cold water and prepared in the usual way. It is believed that this technique improves the taste of the product.
Slimming with Barley
Pearl barley porridge can be found in the diet of a variety of diets for weight loss. It is an essential nutritional product that inevitably leads to weight loss. The calorie content of dry cereals - 290 kcal, boiled in water dishes - only 100 kcal. At the same time, to satisfy hunger, servings of 150-250 g are enough. The diets on barley porridge are different, they differ in duration, severity, diet, but they all share one thing: satiety, cheapness and benefits that they bring to the body.
What is the value of the product for weight loss:
- Barley porridge prevents sudden jumps in blood sugar levels, fills for a long time, prevents the emergence of a strong feeling of hunger.
- The protein contained in pearl barley preserves muscle tissue.
- Practically does not contain fat, only 2 g per 100 g of cereals.
- It has a low glycemic index.
- The product helps to maintain skin elasticity, it does not sag in the process of losing weight, it will remain young and beautiful.
- Barley porridge is rich in plant fibers that cleanse the intestines, which is also useful for weight loss.
Naturally, all these properties are characteristic of barley porridge cooked on water, consumed without oil, meat, fatty sauces and additives. Otherwise, the calorie content of the dish increases dramatically, and the benefits are reduced.
Tip: To lose weight, it is not necessary to have an empty porridge without spices and sauces. To improve the taste, you can supplement the dish with greens, fresh vegetables, fruits, low-fat dairy products. Strengthen the metabolism will help spicy seasonings: pepper of various kinds, ginger.
Barley porridge contains a large amount of coarse fibers and is a natural sorbent. With this product, you can clean the intestines of toxins, allergens, decomposition products, to improve the work of the body and even get rid of constipation.
Rules of bowel cleansing:
- Eat 5 days barley porridge cooked on water and fresh vegetables. Dish consumed for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- As snacks use fruits and juices, dairy products.
- Main dish fill only with vegetable oil, reduce the amount of salt.
- Per day drink at least 2 liters of ordinary water. Be sure to use 200 ml 30 minutes before meals.
If you eat barley porridge in such quantities is difficult, you can partially diversify the diet of oatmeal. It also helps to cleanse the intestines, but it acts softer.
Barley pearl damage and contraindications
Barley porridge is contraindicated for people on a gluten-free diet. Groats contain this complex protein compound that can cause serious harm to people suffering from celiac disease or who have a predisposition to this disease. It is for this reason that porridge is carefully introduced into the diet of pregnant women.
- children up to 4 years
- increased acidity of the stomach,
- addiction to constipation
- individual intolerance.
It is believed that barley porridge in large quantities adversely affects the potency and reduces libido. So that the dish does not cause serious harm to the male body, it is undesirable to use it more than three times a week. Women can eat it bolder and get all the benefits from the product.