Tomatoes Slot are mid-season. From sowing seeds to harvest, it takes about 17 weeks. The plant is unpretentious. The fruits have great taste. The plant reaches a height of 120-150 cm. Bushes stop in their growth themselves. Pinching the top of the stem is not required. Bushes must be tied to a pole or trellis. Otherwise, due to the large weight of the fruit, the branches may fall to the ground.
In order for the fruits to have large sizes, the plant must be stepson. Shrubs form in 1-2 stems. Photos of tomatoes available on the Internet and on the package with tomato seeds. When forming the bush, the stepchildren are removed under the plant root, otherwise the bush will not be able to cope with a large number of fruits and they will rot. Tomatoes are resistant to any weather and temperature fluctuations, so they can be grown in an open garden. Many people living in high-rise buildings grow this variety on the balcony. The plant tolerates hot dry weather.
Brief description of Tomato Slot:
- determinant, mid-season variety,
- bushes need shaping and garter,
- Tomato is resistant to any weather,
- the harvest is high.
The color of the tomatoes is red. The plant has developed immunity to diseases such as tobacco mosaic, macrosporosis and late blight. The harvest from 1 m ² makes up to 20 kg. Fruits have the correct form, roundish slightly flattened. With proper care, tomatoes are large, have juicy pulp. The size of the fruit is small. One tomato can weigh 50–90 g. The small fruit attracts gardeners because it is very good to preserve such tomatoes. Tomatoes have a dense thin skin.
Tomatoes easily carry transportation and long-term storage. The fruit is very juicy, it contains 4% dry matter. The fruit has 3 cameras, the seeds are small. Seeds that are harvested from tomatoes are not suitable for sowing, as this will reduce the quality and yield. Tomatoes are used to make salads, side dishes, first and second courses. They can make juices, sauces, add to hot dishes. Gardeners who grew tomatoes Slot F1, reviews of it leave good.
How to grow tomatoes Slot?
Consider how Slot Tomatoes are grown. Tomatoes must be grown seedlings. First, seeds are treated with a solution of potassium permanganate and growth stimulants. Sow the seeds in boxes. When there will be no frosts at night, sprouts can be planted in open ground. At 1 m² planted no more than 5 shoots. Next to the hole you need to install support. The ground in the hole must be mixed with humus and wood ash. The bush is formed into 2 stalks.
Pasynki must be removed to the ground. Before planting tomatoes, the ground should be fertilized with phosphorus-containing compounds. Potassium fertilizer is needed to protect plants from disease. It will give tomatoes a richer flavor. Twice it is necessary to make mineral-organic fertilizers, which consist of ash and humus. Water the plants 1 time in 10 days with warm water. Watering should not be too abundant.
If there are spots on the leaves, then it is brown spot. Such a disease can be cured drug Barrier.
If the leaves appeared plaque, resembling flour, it means that the plants are sick with powdery mildew. For the treatment of this disease using the drug Profi-Gold.
Sometimes parasites attack plants: insects and Colorado beetles. They can be destroyed with Prestige. If you water the tomatoes in a timely manner and feed them, you can get a great harvest.
Fruits are flat-round, dense, smooth, in the stage of maturity of red, weighing 60-130 grams, good (for early) taste. Not prone to cracking, deadly and transportable. These tomatoes are more suitable for preservation and processing of tomato products, but if you give them full ripening on the bush, they are suitable for fresh consumption.
Landing pattern: 50 x 40 cm, planting density: 4-6 plants per 1 square. m
Yield: in open ground in a stab culture 8.6-10 kg per 1 sq. m. m, in film greenhouses 15-18 kg per 1 square. m
Hybrid advantages: heat resistance, excellent transportability. Resistance to Alternaria, black bacterial blotch and stolbur.
Tomato Slot F1 is included in the State Register for the North Caucasus and Lower Volga regions for cultivation in open ground.
Originator: Semko Junior.
If you grew tomatoes Slot, please write whether you liked them or not. What was the yield and taste of the fruit in your climatic conditions? If possible, attach a photo of the entire bush or individual fruits grown by you. Thank!
Your feedback on Tomato Slot will help many gardeners to evaluate this hybrid objectively and decide whether to plant it or not.
Tomato "Slot F1": description of the variety
it medium late variety, from the time the seedlings are planted until the first fruits ripen 115-120 days. Plant standard, determinant, growth of a bush 100-150 cm. The variety is recommended for cultivation in the open field, but some achieve results and under film cover, and even try to grow it on the balconies. It has F1 hybrids of the same name.
Fruits that have reached varietal maturity have bright red colorin shape they are rounded oblate.
Medium sized fruit 60-70 grin the future, the size of the fruit decreases up to 50-55 grams.
The number of chambers in the fruit 2-3dry matter content about 4%. Harvested fruits tolerate long-term storage and transport.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the main merits This type of tomato is noted:
- resistance to temperature changes
- good yield
- fruit taste,
- tolerance for lack of moisture.
Among deficiencies can be distinguished that at the stage of growth of the bush, this type of tomato is capricious in terms of dressings.
Among the features of this type of tomato, many notice the shape of its fruits and rather late ripening. Also, many people notice that it can be grown in extreme heat, it does not affect the yield.
The bushes of this plant form in one or two stems, but more often in two. At the growth stage of the bush responds very well to fertilizing, containing potassium and phosphorus, in the future, you can go to the complex.
Bushes and branches need garters and supports in order to avoid breaking them under the weight of fruits, which are many on the branches.
Diseases and pests
In order to successfully deal with it you need to use the drug. "Barrier", as well as reduce the humidity of air and soil. In the regions of the middle zone, these tomatoes are affected by powdery mildew on tomatoes; this is another disease that this type of tomato can undergo. She is struggled with the drug "Pro Gold".
In the southern regions of the Colorado potato beetle can cause great harm to the plant, it is fought with the help of the drug "Prestige". In areas of the middle zone, the main pests are the Medvedka, the drug is used against it "Gnome". Vs rusty mite most often used "Bison".
This is a mid-late variety, from the moment the seedlings are planted until the fruit ripens, an average of 3.5-4 months passes. Tomato staff staff, determinant, average height up to 160 cm. It can and should even be grown on open ground, but some manage to grow it under film and even on the balcony! Slot F1 came up with our Russian experts. He received state registration in the late 90s, since that time, and became popular among summer residents. Not afraid of mosaic, macrosporosis and black bacterial blotch.
It is best to grow F1 Slot in the southern regions, such as: Crimea, Kuban, Astrakhan. In areas of the middle band, they are usually grown under film coatings. Tomatoes Slot F1 is very tasty in any form - raw, like juice or preserved.
With proper care from one bush can get up to 10 kg of fruit. With a recommended planting of 3-5 bushes per 1 square meter, you can get up to 30 kg from one square meter of land. This is a very good result for these varieties!
Shrubs form in one or two stems. At the growth stage, they adore top dressing, especially those that have potassium and phosphorus.
Potash fertilizers improve the taste and quality characteristics of tomatoes. Such fertilizers enhance immunity. Also, this fertilizer protects against pests and diseases. Most often, tomatoes are fertilized with potassium sulfate.
Phosphate fertilizers are best applied before planting, and all due to the fact that phosphorus is contained in a rather difficult digestible form. And so these fertilizers need time to soak into the ground completely, and then in the summer to feed the tomatoes. Standard phosphate fertilizers are applied even in winter, but there are also fast-acting ones - they can be applied shortly before planting. If you have failed to feed phosphates before you have planted tomatoes, use superphosphate!
Then you can go to complex fertilizers. Bushes and branches need props and garters. And all in order to avoid breaking under the weight of the fruits, which are very much on the branches.
Water Slot as well as other varieties of tomato, namely once every 1.5 weeks. Excessive humidity will lead to rotting of the roots and the development of diseases. It should also be from time to time pasynkovanie. And you need to do it qualitatively. Sometimes novice gardeners pity the plant and leave "hemp" in place of the shoots. And they help develop different bacteria and viruses. Some do not stepchildren tomatoes, because of this, even on the side shoots start to grow fees. The plant is unable to give nutrients to all the ovaries, and as a result the tomato begins to rot.
In no case, do not plant thickly tomatoes, because it violates the ventilation, and it will negatively affect the yield. Some gardeners are limited to nitrogen fertilizers only. Because of this, greens grow more than the fruits themselves. Alternate feeding, do not make tomatoes a mono menu.
The main difference between high-yielding varieties
Plants are indeterminate and determinant.
- Indeterminate varieties are ideal for greenhouses - strong-growing bushes are formed into one stem.
- Determinant tomatoes for greenhouses require constant pruning.
Each hybrid is prone to one of these 2 types of development, so we need to adjust plant growth in time, starting right from the seedlings.
By type of growth, tomatoes are divided into 2 groups:
- with vegetative,
- with generative development.
As a rule, well-known manufacturers of seeds give such starting information on the packaging: the main characteristics and individual characteristics of a particular variety.
- For low greenhouses for tomatoes with standard (up to 2.5 m) the height of the skate, we will choose tall varieties of tomatoes with shortened internodes, while forming them into 2 stalks. When the bushes grow to a trellis, there will already be 3 brushes on each shoot. We will release additional shoots even on the seedlings under the very first brush.
- Usually tall and large-fruited tomatoes show exactly vegetative type of growth. We plant seedlings of hybrids and varieties with this vegetative type of development with flowering first two brushes in order to prevent the fattening of plants, which reduces the yield of tomatoes in the greenhouse.
Medium and tall crop varieties
The hybrid is resistant to fusarium, tobacco mosaic, cladosporia, and the yield of 1 plant is up to 5 kg.
- F1 intuition - with 1 stalk and unlimited growth - mid-season hybrid of tomato tomatoes: only 110 days pass from the first shoots to fruiting. Rounded, smooth fruits weighing over 100 g are not showered even after ripening, do not crack, and the high content of sugars in them is ideal for canning and fresh salads.
- Kostroma F1 is a two-meter middle-early hybrid, after 106 after germination we collect a friendly and bountiful harvest of flat-round fruits weighing 150 g, up to 5 kg from a bush. This plant is resistant to viruses and changes in humidity and temperature.
- Rosemary F1: 115 days after sprouting shoots ripen large (400g), pink, smooth fruits for delicious salads. Their flesh is juicy, tender, "melting" texture. Productivity reaches 11 kg from 1 plant.
- Chio – chio – san - with unlimited growth a mid-season hybrid hung with huge branched tassels, with 50 fruits each. Pink, plum-like tomatoes weighing up to 40 grams delight us with an excellent dessert taste and four kilograms of such fruits from the bush. The variety is not susceptible to tobacco mosaic.
This hybrid is resistant to viruses.
- Blagovest F1 - one and a half meter, early ripe hundred day hybrid. One plant gives 5 kg of round fruits weighing more than 100 g each.
- Verlioka F1 — one and a half meter long, early matting with round fruits up to 100 g each and 5 kg on a bush. This tomato is perfect for canning and fresh salads.
As the personal experience of gardeners proves, the most fruitful varieties of tomatoes for the greenhouse are numerous: there are dozens of other hybrids and varieties of tomatoes in their list, even for one region.
Interesting new varieties
On average, the size of the fruit Siberian - 1.5 kg.
- Siberian F1 - late-ripening, single-barreled hybrid with unlimited growth yields a crop of up to 5 kg in 4.5 months. Its flat-rounded, smooth, fragrant tomatoes of a unique size - up to 2.8 kg, and their taste is harmonious, dessert. The plant is not susceptible to Cladosporosis and Fusarium diseases.
- Ural F1: this indeterminate tomato with unlimited growth for the Ural region will give the first tasty, sweet tomatoes for salads in 4 months. Up to 25 flat-circular fruits weighing 350 g grows on 1 bush.
- Shaolin F1 is a plant of medium ripening: after 115 days, the first large (up to 400 g), pink, beautiful tomatoes, salad destination ripen on powerful low bushes. Their flesh is tender, juicy, as if melting, with an abundance of provitamin A. The average yield is 10 kg per plant.
The yield of these tomatoes - 7 kg per 1 bush.
- F1 Kamchatka is a half-meter middle ripe (110 days before fruiting) variety with attractive and tasty round fruits weighing up to 150 g stored for up to 2 months. The hybrid is resistant to all causative agents of viruses dangerous for these plants.
All these listed fruitful varieties of tomatoes for greenhouses have already been evaluated by experienced growers and are leading in the sale of seeds, especially since they are not very demanding to care.
Greenhouse brush tomatoes
We collect their fruits with brushes, like grapes in bunches.
This type is gaining deserved popularity. Breeders successfully bred the following hybrids: Fatalist, Fan, Vladimir and others.
- A valuable feature of this type is high strength: we can transport the crop anywhere, but the tomatoes do not spoil and do not crack.
- Fruits on a brush often of the same size: 100 - 200 g.
- Such hand greenhouse tomatoes are absolutely resistant to diseases typical for these plants, so we will not have to spend money on the purchase of various preventive chemicals.
Of course, it is almost impossible to list all the high-yielding varieties of tomatoes for the greenhouse - after all, breeders delight us with their new achievements. Among them stand out especially De Barao red, as well as Hybrid Ivanhoe F1. It is believed that these varieties in the greenhouse give more than 20 kg of fruit from 1 bush.
For De Barao, the norm is 30 kg from 1 plant, and the record is 70 kg.
- Even on open ground, this variety, under normal conditions and proper care, gives 10 kilograms per bush.
- Its even fruits are of medium size with a mass of 150 g and are very tasty in fresh and canned form.
- However, the hybrid is very demanding of the microclimate and grows poorly on infertile, heavy clay or loamy soils.
- Breeders pleased gardeners and original early types of tomatoes for greenhouses, not inferior in yield. But they have a different color, indicated in their very name: De Barao yellow, pink or black.
In the photo - Black Cream De Barao
Semko Sinbad F1
One of the most popular early ripe hybrids was Semko-Sinbad F1.
- By early maturity, the Hurricane is not inferior to the variety, in which the first tomatoes turn red already on the 80th day from spitting up shoots.
- Ovaries on the plant are also formed without additional measures.
- In its inflorescence immediately 8 red fruits weighing up to 100 g with an average yield of about 10 kg per 1 sq. M.
Hybrid Ivanhoe F1
The new lettuce tomato surprises with its yield: the fruits on its brushes, like on a well-groomed bunch of grapes.
- All tomatoes are bright red, and do not shrink closer to the top of the bush, providing an excellent collection without the use of growth stimulants.
- To taste the fruits of this hybrid are much better than other greenhouse counterparts, and the bush itself is large, with powerful thick stems.
- With its high yield, Ivanhoe practically does not get sick and is resistant to fungi, tomato mosaic, nematode, verticillosis.
- Especially valuable for lovers of natural farming: it gives a great harvest without the use of chemicals.
- But there are practically no shortcomings in this variety, only the price of its seeds is greater. Yes, and tomatoes in the usual banks, we do not close - they are very large.
- Its excellent yield is successfully combined with one more advantage - brushes are not refracted.
- The taste of tomatoes is excellent.
- This variety in greenhouses bears fruits from April to January, forming a ten-meter whip.
Care of high-yielding tomatoes
We monitor the load of plants directly by the fruits and timely adjust it, taking into account the characteristics of the variety.
- Целесообразно проводить агротехническое регулирование развития кустов лишь при их сбалансированном минеральном питании.
Note! Experience shows that it is better to limit nitrogen before the formation of the first brush with fruits, especially in plants with vegetative development.
- During the growing season, we regularly introduce, as recommended by the instructions, phosphate-potassium fertilizers, during flowering and a little later - phosphate fertilizers, and for fruit growth - potash and nitrogen.
- 1 week before planting the seedlings in the garden greenhouse, stop feeding them, and after planting we will do the first dressing in 2 weeks.
- In case of excessive growing season, we do foliar dressing on the leaf - extract from superphosphate, as well as root phosphate-potassium.
- With accelerated generative development, we will make 2 dressings with fermented weeds - this will accelerate the ripening of unexpectedly numerous fruits in cool weather.
- The seedlings need a very loose ground - so add 30% of peat to the black soil. But the mixture with biohumus and perlite is ideal for this: we pour it, tamping it into boxes and polish, and as a result it will drain. Here we sow 1 seed every 5 cm (depth - 1.5 cm).
- Shoots will appear in a week, and we will lower the temperature up to + 18C.
- We pour with warm otstoyannoy water 1 time in 3 days.
- To rid sprouts of root rot, apply biological products.
- When this leaflet appears, the seedlings are placed one by one in plastic or peat pots.
- Seedlings placed in a row on the ground every 50 centimeters, and between their rows - 60 cm.
Note! Seedlings of large-fruited tomatoes in heated shelters are placed 50 days after their emergence, and in unheated shelters in May.
- In the well we add 1 tablespoon of calcium nitrate or 2 cups of humus.
- Overgrown bushes tie trellis, thrown over a 5 mm wire, stretched along the rows.
- Next, we simply twist the trellis with our own hands as the bush grows, water it, and after flowering 2 times a month, we feed it with ready-made balanced organic matter.
- We will tie up large-fruited tomatoes - these high-yielding varieties need such support.
- We regularly remove shoots from the leaf bottom.
Fruits are collected brown, since their complete redness depletes the plant.
Experienced gardeners experiment with several varieties of tomatoes at once, because for a particular soil and region there are their own productive hybrids.
- Choosing varieties, take into account the characteristics of the greenhouse and growing conditions.
- Traditional and well-tried greenhouse tomatoes are good, but new varieties are more durable and fruitful with easy maintenance.
- We buy large packages of the selected variety and plant 50 seeds - if successful, we sow the remaining seeds.
We are guaranteed to get a wonderful harvest of ecologically clean tomatoes in the garden in a greenhouse, observing simple conditions:
- feed the seedlings
- we fertilize sprouts already planted in the ground,
- protect against phytophthora.
The video in this article has additional information about high-yielding varieties of tomatoes.
Appearance and description of the variety
Tomato "Slot f1" universal type refers to the standard determinant plants. Bush reaches 1-1.5 m in height. It is recommended to grow it in open soil. The best climatic conditions for this variety are in the southern regions: Crimea, Astrakhan, Krasnodar and nearby territories. In the middle lane to grow tomatoes better under the film.
Seed preparation, planting seeds in boxes and caring for them
Seeds are best purchased at a specialty store. You can, of course, buy ready-made seedlings.
The quality of seedlings depends on the speed of the onset of the flowering period. If you still prefer seeds, then sow in boxes with drainage holes better in March. Tanks are filled with nutrient soil, which includes peat, sand or garden soil. It is advisable to add wood ash to the ground.
After 5-6 days after sowing, the first gatherings appear. The place for seedlings should be lit and warm (18-22ºС). Watering strictly under the root and only as needed. After 40-45 days from the moment of sowing, the sprout is drawn out, and the leaves increase significantly. Approximately 2 weeks before transplanting tomatoes to a permanent place, start gradually hardening them.
Seedling and planting in the ground
As soon as frosts, incl. night, behind, you can begin planting seedlings in open ground. It is recommended to place 4 bushes per 1 m2. Thick planting - the cause of poor ventilation and low yields of tomatoes.
Take care of the garter in advance: insert a stake into the hole besides the plant. Land should also be prepared in advance. Mix its upper layer with humus and wood ash.
Care and watering
Until the first ovaries appear, water the plant up to 4 times a week, and after that - every day, early in the morning or late in the evening. Later, the frequency of irrigation is reduced to 1 time in 7-10 days. Do not forget about loosening the soil. The shrub forms new roots only if there is a periodic hilling.
Every 2-3 weeks the tomatoes need to be fed. Phosphorus has a positive effect on immunity, and potassium - on the taste of the fruit, and also protects against pests and diseases. First make before planting or in winter, depending on the type of fertilizer. Nitrogen fertilizers are applied at the early development stage.
Complex fertilizers are also suitable for feeding the Slot f1 variety. During the season it is necessary to feed organic matter and minerals twice. For this purpose, humus or mullein and ash are used.
In addition, tomatoes need garter to avoid breaking. Masking is also an important part of plant care. During the growth of the tomato forms 2 stems, one of which should be removed. Removal must be complete, that is, to the base, when the stepson has reached 4 cm. “Hemp”, which inexperienced gardeners can leave from the second stem, contribute to the development of microbes and plant rot.
If you do not stitch, fruits will start to form on the side shoots. Since the plant has not enough strength to develop both stems, due to the lack of essential nutrients, the lower tomatoes will start to rot.
Pests and diseases
Do not expect the onset of any of the diseases, carry out prevention. Enough 3 prophylactic treatments per season: during planting, during flowering and the formation of fruits.
Variety susceptible to brown spot. It is a fungal disease that manifests as yellow spots and spores from the spores. The first to suffer are the lower leaves, which, over time, curl and dry. The most favorable period for the development of the disease - periods of flowering and fruiting. Effective drug to combat brown spot - "Barrier" or Bordeaux mixture.
In addition to this disease, the tomato suffers from powdery mildew - small round spots of white color. With an increase in the spots, their color becomes yellow first and then brown. In this case, the drug "Profi Gold" will help you.
Overfeeding a plant with nitrogen fertilizer provokes the occurrence of soil phytotoxicity. If this happens, just take a break in dressing, let the earth rest.
Prefer a variety of "Slot f1" and Colorado beetles. It is very easy to spot them, as they are striped bugs. Yes, it is those who live on potatoes. You can fight them with the drug "Prestige". Another pest is a bear. Against her, "Gnome" is great.
Conditions for maximum fructification
High yields can be achieved without the use of various drugs, simply by adhering to agricultural technology. But the existence of stimulants is still worth knowing. One of the popular drugs - "Bud." It is used to stimulate the growth and fruiting of the plant. The treatment is carried out with a solution (according to the instructions) on a regular basis once a week. You can find this and similar stimulants in a specialty store along with tomato seeds Slot.
F1 fruits are often consumed fresh. The density of the skin allows the use of tomatoes and for preservation or pickling. Fruit Slots have a low solids content and a good balance of acids and sugars. That is why they are used for making juice.
As you may have noticed, this variety differs from others in its agricultural technology. Timely feeding and prevention - the key to high yield bushes. Tomato "Slot f1" is undemanding in the care. Even if you have too little experience in growing vegetables, this variety definitely suits you.