Author: Hen Ryaba
Hello dear readers and readers! We offer today to your attention the theme of winter egg laying layers. How to increase egg production in chickens in winter at home? There are many factors that affect the productivity of egg-laying and, subject to a few simple rules, you can get more eggs from the feathery family.
So, what can be done to increase the rate of laying in the coldest season of the year?
Causes of masonry stopping
In winter, not all layers continue their activity in laying. Some completely refuse to produce testicles, while others simply do it several times less. But this is a simple explanation.
Let's look at the reasons why, after all, birds don't want to please their masters with eggs?
- Particularly sensitive, heat-loving clubs can respond to a winter fall in temperature. Different breeds have their own degree of cold resistance, which is why some in winter simply lack masonry - the body tries to save energy resources as much as possible, directing them to support vital processes.
- Light day and its duration is one of the main factors of egg-laying, and if it becomes shorter, birds can weaken activity in the egg-laying, or even completely stop it.
- Problems may also arise due to insufficient ventilation. Air exchange is necessary so that birds always breathe fresh air, saturated with negative ions and oxygen. If the air in the house is musty, with an increased percentage of moisture, the body of the hens will malfunction and the laying will be extinguished.
- The most important factor in egg laying is also the quality of the feed. The winter diet is different from the summer - the birds do not have the opportunity to pinch grass in the free-standing yard, to feed their bodies with bugs and worms, therefore they often experience vitamin deficiency. Imbalance in the diet can be triggered by the wrong selection of food.
- Another important factor is the level of activity of the bird. In winter, many poultry farmers do not risk releasing a feathery family for long walks, in order to avoid health problems and frostbite combs and earrings. But, a sedentary lifestyle leads to a decrease in the rate of masonry, or to a complete lack of results in this.
How to fix the situation?
What can be done to restore the clutch in winter and get the same number of eggs as before it stopped? This question is asked by many farmers, especially beginners who do not know the subtleties and nuances of winter maintenance.
However, below we will consider the main tips that will help not only strengthen the clutch in the winter, but also make chickens healthier.
So, consider the main methods of increasing the rate of laying in the winter.
How to increase the egg production of chickens in the winter feeding
The first thing that can be done to restore the clutch is to return chickens the opportunity to eat food rich in vitamins and minerals, adjust the diet so that the herd does not lack anything. What to add to the menu?
- Dry greens harvested in advance. Nettle is a particularly useful type of grass for feeding chickens - it is easy to prepare - just mow and dry on a litter, or in small sheaves. You can granulate greens, and then add to the food to the bird. In any case, greens are vital for the herd, both in summer and in winter.
- Vegetables can be an alternative source of vitamins and minerals. Virtually all types of vegetable crops that are available in winter are useful for feathered workers. Beets (fodder and red), potatoes (these are carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins), pumpkin (an irreplaceable source of fatty acids, vitamins), carrots and other types of vegetable crops. Include these products in the daily diet is not difficult, and the result will be a return to the former egg productivity.
- Germinated grain - vitamin supplement to the diet, which not only saves the herd from vitamin deficiency, but also becomes a great entertainment. It is possible to cook grain mixture from all available cereals - pour water on it and keep it in a warm room for germination. Then the finished product is scattered in the house on the litter and the birds have a lesson before spending the night - they will gladly fumble in the litter, getting food.
- For maximum results, it is recommended to use complex vitamin-mineral supplements, which include all the necessary for laying and health substances.
Diet - the basis of health and productivity. With the right approach to the compilation of the menu in the winter, it is possible to achieve good indicators not only in egg-laying, but also to improve health.
When using these tips to improve the egg production of chickens, keep in mind that they apply only to healthy representatives, because there are reasons for a decrease in egg-laying, which are not related to the change of season. And if the problems are associated with diseases, then these recommendations will not help solve the problem - there will already need to appeal to a veterinarian.